Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the clothes for summer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I'm currently in love with the J. Crew technical shorts and have them in stone and gray. They are a game changer for me and the best I've ever worn.

https://www.jcrew.com/mt/p/mens_cate...ch-short/H9327

I also do some of the classic JCF shorts (oxford blue, olive, gray, stone) and actually some Lululemon Commission shorts in navy, khaki, and gray (great in a very hot/humid climate and city where nobody dresses too formally).

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    Went around the city trying different shorts on recently.

Since I'm only 5'7", I find that 7" inseam works best for me. Some 9" as well.

Although these felt not quite painted on, they were surprisingly comfortable, although I did not end up purchasing http://us.topman.com/en/tmus/product...27?bi=40&ps=20

Ended up getting a pair of the JCrew tech shorts, a pair of the JCrew Stretch shorts, and a pair of the Banana Republic Core Temp Shorts (the pants didn't work for me...the 30" inseam fit more like 32" and my calves are 17", so with the stretch and bunching, looked too informal for business casual...have a couple pairs of the Lululemon Sojourn pant, similar to the ABC, and a few have commented on the sweatpant look because of the drape or lack there of around the calves).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by metallica81788 View Post
    I'm currently in love with the J. Crew technical shorts and have them in stone and gray. They are a game changer for me and the best I've ever worn.

https://www.jcrew.com/mt/p/mens_cate...ch-short/H9327

I also do some of the classic JCF shorts (oxford blue, olive, gray, stone) and actually some Lululemon Commission shorts in navy, khaki, and gray (great in a very hot/humid climate and city where nobody dresses too formally).
    Those jcrew tech shorts look interesting. I was going to say I discovered the Vineyard Vines performance shorts last summer, and they are incredible. They look like quality cotton (or whatever) shorts, but are as comfortable as gym shorts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I will second the J.Crew tech shorts. I bought two pairs and wear them more than any of my other shorts.

I have gotten a lot of use out of Brooks Brothers 346 cotton shorts as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)
    Shorts look weird on adult men. I wear summer weight chinos and jeans. If I'm outdoors hiking, I have a pair of 5" inseam Columbia PFGs.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1046 Post(s)
    You can include me with the JC technical shorts. I picked a pair up when they were on sale and am kicking myself for not having purchased a couple of pairs. But I wasn't sure what I was getting in to with them so I played it safe and only bought one pair. I agree with the others though. The shorts look great and are quite comfortable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just bought three pairs of cotton, now feeling better.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)
    Shorts? None other than gym shorts for obvious purposes, or pajamas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    @77Pat Glad I am not alone! The I ordered 33 waist in the Core Temp Pants and they fit like 32s. WTF. They seem to fit decent enough everywhere else. Worried a 34 inch waist will be baggy...

"Ended up getting a pair of the JCrew tech shorts, a pair of the JCrew Stretch shorts, and a pair of the Banana Republic Core Temp Shorts (the pants didn't work for me...the 30" inseam fit more like 32" and my calves are 17", so with the stretch and bunching, looked too informal for business casual"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Also bought 4 pairs of the J.Crew Tech Shorts. In LOVE with them. I ordered 33s and think they fit a little loosely, but I'm ok with that.

Crazy upset that the BR Core Temp Pants didn't work out. Waist seems to run at least an inch smaller. Also ordered in 33 but tight and uncomfortable. Is this typical for the Aiden line?