Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Short sleeve button down shirts anyone?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)
    I don’t have the biceps for short sleeves. Rolled long sleeves, including polos, look better on me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Anyone here wearing short sleeve button downs in warm weather? Or are polos the way to go? And even though I am referencing casual wear by asking the question, for me I can't get the image of Detective Sipowicz out of me head every time I see someone wearing a short sleeve button down.

That said, I do have some older gentlemen (and some not so older gents) in my office who do dress like this in the summer months.
    It's interesting you mention that! For me, I get image of Dwight Schrute with his mustard shirt.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mochi123 View Post
    It's interesting you mention that! For me, I get image of Dwight Schrute with his mustard shirt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    I personally still prefer the look of a casual shirt with the sleeves rolled up
    I agree totally. I personally do not care for short sleeve button downs of any kind. That's just my preference. However, I think we can all agree that one should not wear a SSBD with a tie. It's an awful look - like a business suit with knee-length trousers. If the situation calls for a tie, then it calls for a traditional OCBD.

For short sleeve shirt, I prefer a nice polo/golf shirt. Again, personal preference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by koltrane View Post
    I agree totally. I personally do not care for short sleeve button downs of any kind. That's just my preference. However, I think we can all agree that one should not wear a SSBD with a tie. It's an awful look - like a business suit with knee-length trousers.

This +1000. I have plenty of short sleeve shirts, but they are all casual cuts for wearing untucked.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1047 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    I personally still prefer the look of a casual shirt with the sleeves rolled up, plus you wear them in cooler weather. I can't think of a situation where I would need a dressier short sleeve shirt at all. I don't work outside, but inside a temperature controlled office.
    See this has been by go-to for a long while. Just rolling up the sleeves of an OCBD. But it does tend to get a little hot during the summer so I was looking for something lighter. Plus the wife keeps mocking me about always wearing an OCBD so if I can figure out out some good middle ground I thought I why not?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    See this has been by go-to for a long while. Just rolling up the sleeves of an OCBD. But it does tend to get a little hot during the summer so I was looking for something lighter. Plus the wife keeps mocking me about always wearing an OCBD so if I can figure out out some good middle ground I thought I why not?
    In those situations, I just take my OCBD off and keep the t-shirt on. But when it's hot and muggy out, but I still wanna be presentable, I would probably consider a well fitting polo shirt.