Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thursday Boot Company Shoe Sale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Thursday Boot Company Shoe Sale

Was on the lookout for affordable black cap toe oxfords. Love 5th avenues from AE but it's really hard for me to justify buying then when I hardly ever wear black shoes and have a whole lot of other high priority purchases to make.

Anyway, happened to come across this sale going on tomorrow: https://thursdayboots.com/pages/choose-what-you-pay.

Looks like the executive, their cap toe oxford, can be had for $80 tomorrow. Anybody here have any experience with Thursday Boot Company before? This looks to be their first line of shoes from them but is this too good to be true or a solid option?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    I have owned a pair of their Captains, a wallet and a belt. I have returned a pair of Commanders.

The Captains have held up great. They are comfortable to wear if you aren't moving around much, but they can be quite uncomfortable on long walks. There is something about the sole or shank that causes my foot to ache after about a mile. And I'm used to walking long distances in all kinds of shoes. Two Saturdays ago, I walked about 5 miles in cowboy boots with 1.5" heels. In Italy last fall, every day for over a week, we walked anywhere from 4-8 miles, and I wore AE loafers and AE chukkas with leather soles the whole time. But if you aren't doing much walking around, they look great (I've gotten tons of compliments) and have been durable for the price.

The belt and wallet were fine. I ultimately ditched both because I went to a slim, front pocket wallet, and the belt was only 1" thick (I typically do 1.25" belts). No complaints about the quality.

I had to send the Commanders back when I bought them. They arrived with tons of leather blemishes, scuffs, and stitching errors. TBC gave me a hard time about returning them even though I sent pictures in my original email and more pictures in my follow-up email. After a few exchanges, they eventually sent a return label free of charge and issued a refund.

So my experiences with the company are mixed. They have gotten a pretty bad reputation on the GYW reddit, but at the price point, I think they're fine. No experiences with the shoes, although those new loafers don't look too bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Thanks for the feedback. I don't think anyone has had experience with their shoes yet. I think tomorrow is when they start selling them. My only concern now is their description of the leather used:

"100% of the leather we use is sourced from Tier 1 USA cattle and tanned with world class partners. Highlights of the collection include Horween’s famous Natural Chromexcel and the new Color #16 Chromexcel, Brown and Black Thursday Chrome (developed in partnership with the gold-certified Le Farc tannery in Mexico), and our fan favorite Cognac WeatherSafe™ Suede. Great leathers only get better with time as they develop unique patinas that reflect your daily adventures"

Wouldn't chromexcel scuff quite a bit for a dress shoe like a cap toe oxford? But then again, if only $80 does it matter much?

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    486 Post(s)
    Goodyear welted shoes for $80? For one day only, tomorrow.

I'll be checking it out. Thanks for the tip.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    how do these shoes fit compared to allen edmonds?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    My my. Does this deal extend to their whole catalog or just the new shoe line?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand81 View Post
    Was on the lookout for affordable black cap toe oxfords. Love 5th avenues from AE but it's really hard for me to justify buying then when I hardly ever wear black shoes and have a whole lot of other high priority purchases to make.

Anyway, happened to come across this sale going on tomorrow: https://thursdayboots.com/pages/choose-what-you-pay.

Looks like the executive, their cap toe oxford, can be had for $80 tomorrow. Anybody here have any experience with Thursday Boot Company before? This looks to be their first line of shoes from them but is this too good to be true or a solid option?
    $80.00 it's a price worth taking a risk.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Site is down

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    282 Post(s)
    Demand is so high, the site crashed.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    486 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thiswasandy View Post
    Site is down
    Quote Originally Posted by batkins9 View Post
    Demand is so high, the site crashed.
    Or maybe this was a publicity scam and they never meant to sell anything for $80.