Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Definitive Chukka boot?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Depending on your particular use for chukkas, I'd give these a serious look:
    http://www.florsheim.com/shop/style/12118.html

Florsheim's Constable chukka.
    They're not really sleek as in the BB Peal model mentioned above, but closer to bit more rugged Loake aesthetic. I have the same model in a dark chocolate brown suede, and they're probably my most versatile single pair of shoes. Anything from jeans and t-shirt/polo up to a chinos and blazer outfit is complemented well by these chukkas.

They're Goodyear-welted, which is oddly not mentioned on the website description. My pair came with a tag confirming and describing the GW welt. Good quality suede, thick, but still sturdy. It doesn't feel plush and delicate. The outsole is low-profile XL ultralight. I've had these for three years or so and they're still going pretty strong. They're me go-to travel shoes, and have proven very comfortable and durable. The lack of visible tread and the leather/rubber stacked heel dress these up a notch. Leather lined as well. These are from Florsheim's higher-end Imperial line, and are definitely a few steps above their lower-end offerings.

Fit is a little...odd. I'm a 10B AE, 10C J&M and vintage Florsheim, 9.5 Rockport, 9(ish) CDB, and 10 in most athletic shoes. The 9 in the Constable is the best fit for me. The length is perfect, but the width is still too much (I have narrow fit, after all - if you have standard width feet, this shouldn't be an issue).

I actually ended up buying two pairs because I found them so useful, even with the fit issues. The second pair is still in its box unused. It's chocolate brown suede, size 9. If you think these may work for you, please PM me. We can work something out.

Even if you don't want to buy my pair, or are a different size, I'd encourage you to look into these. The only place I've found them is the Florsheim website. They're pretty decent shoes all-around, and for the current clearance price are a steal.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    I have a pair of floresheims but they are leather and not suede. They get a lot of wear from me. I am on my second set of soles, I like them a lot. First set of soles were very soft and work quickly and the laces weren’t very good. Got them for around $100 and think I got a great deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone have experience with the Jack Erwin chukkas mentioned by Joe a week or two ago? Seriously considering a pair in the Dark Brown Suede - looks super versatile, similar to how others have posted.

https://www.jackerwin.com/collection...products/mason
    https://dappered.com/2018/05/win-it-...e-chukka-boot/
    "Everybody needs to drive an automobile, even the very tall."