Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colorful Print Shirts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    They are a staple of my wardrobe. I'm a creative person, and my clothes will often reflect that. The way I look at it, these print shirts are a grown up alternative to band and comic book character t-shirts. I have print shirts that are decades old, yet still look great with chinos, linen pants, or shorts. A good print can be looked at as great design, and as such they often reflect the current time, or a past era. I've even resurrected some of my older print shirts by turning them into throw pillows.

Just like anything else, you have to make this look your own. If wearing a pink OCBD shirt is stepping out of the box as it is for @DocDave, maybe his next step is a tonal blue print. I also like where @LesserBlackDog goes with his look, though I tend to wear most of my print shirts untucked. The print is often the focal point, so tone down the rest of your outfit. One look I tend to shy away from, is wearing it opened, with a colored or white t-shirt underneath. I'm not exactly svelte and this look only calls attention to my gut that is 61 years in the making.

Colorful prints are just one more sign of summer. When you live in the frozen tundra, and the ice is off the lake, what better way to get in the mood than to throw on a colorful print, and go walk the Lake Walk, and gaze upon 10% of the world's fresh water.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    871 Post(s)
    I dont think an unbuttoned shirt is flattering on anyone over the age of 14 unless its a denim shirt or something like that and is being worn as outerwear.

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1028 Post(s)
    Hey @idvsego when you talk about unbuttoned shirts, are you referencing looks like this?

@Bixmeister I wore the pink shirt for the first time earlier this week. I even posted it up in the WIWT thread. Gotta say. I quite like the look!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    871 Post(s)
    @DocDave yeah, I don't think it comes off too well in real life. Keep in mind those pics had multiple poses and takes to get the one they printed. In real life it is usually flapping around, uneven, and more rumpled because the loose fabric bunches up more.

Also, personal preferences and all that. My son does it all the time and next to his high school classmates that wear cargos and graphic tees he looks way better than them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    193 Post(s)
    I'm not all that into floral print shirts, but I love this indigo one from Proper Cloth (although I don't love the price!).

https://propercloth.com/dress-shirts...nt-204180.html

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1028 Post(s)
    @Spex $160 bones for that shirt. Ouch!

@idvsego Yeah, I hear what you're saying re: multiple takes/poses to get the photos just right. When I did my searching around the interwebs to find a photo to post here, I had to search through some poor photo choices. The look in those photos is something I used to do, but that was many many years ago now.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)
    One reason I started this thread was because I lived for several years in Hawaii, where those loud colorful "Hawaiian" shirts are considered strictly tourist stuff. The locals wear very muted colors. The business uniform there is actually a low key aloha shirt, black pants and black pants. So I have developed an aversion to bright prints that I should probably get over at this point, since I find them so interesting.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)
    Spec, I am looking at that Proper Cloth shirt very carefully. Looks great and if I think I will wear it enough, the heck with the price.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    415 Post(s)
    Received an email this morning from Bonobos. They have a big selection of some pretty bold prints for this season. One of the shirts in the ad had huge bananas on it!

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1725 Post(s)
    This shirt is bananas, b-a-n-a-n-a-s
    Ben