Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolf and Shepherd Shoes

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Wolf and Shepherd Shoes

I was wondering if anyone has tried them? If so what were your impressions?
    Using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)
    Never heard of them. But if I may add something not at all useful... What's up with these new company names? Descendants of Thieves, Combatant Gentleman. What wrong with your last name. It's as if they don't think they'll last 50 years and become an establishment and how the name stands the test of time.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quoted
    638 Post(s)
    gotta sound edgy for when guys from brooklyn, whose parents pay their rent, get out of law school and get their first job of their entire life.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)
    I know this comment is more suited for the "menswear trends obsolete in 20 yrs" thread, but this "young professional fur trapper" look is one I can't wait to see disappear ...

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quoted
    638 Post(s)
    from their "gotta sound edgy" slanted website, "Wolf & Shepherd designs incredibly comfortable dress shoes for high-performing professionals."

Their website has $360-450 dollar "performance dress shoes" which all have molded rubber soles. None of which are actually welted. Sounds like a no-buy to me.

It's a neat trick how they put the hand-crafted shoe price on something that clearly isn't.

If for some reason you think you actually need to buy a 'performance dress shoe", then I would recommend looking at comparable, but <$200 Jack Erwin offerings. (or as much as I hate them) Cole Hann.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    Given how much millenials and hipsters are purported to love "authenticity," the obviously bull**** marketing of some of these startups is truly astounding. You'd have to be an idiot to buy-in every time a startup tells you how they are "revolutionizing the X market."

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quoted
    638 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    Given how much millenials and hipsters are purported to love "authenticity," the obviously bull**** marketing of some of these startups is truly astounding. You'd have to be an idiot to buy-in every time a startup tells you how they are "revolutionizing the X market."

Yes. When ever i hear someone warming up their marketing-buzzword arm I really instantly turn off. Maybe that just because i'm looking for "authenticity", but you know, authentic authenticity. not the kind these startups push ;-)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by evanparker View Post
    Yes. When ever i hear someone warming up their marketing-buzzword arm I really instantly turn off. Maybe that just because i'm looking for "authenticity", but you know, authentic authenticity. not the kind these startups push ;-)
    I put no stock in marketing campaigns, I look at the product and price. Combat Gent has a decent product for good price despite the bro aesthetic to the marketing. That said, this company sounds like a ripoff.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    452 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by evanparker View Post
    It's a neat trick how they put the hand-crafted shoe price on something that clearly isn't.
    They are hand-crafted, as are the cheap throwaway shoes you'd buy in Payless. No one is making shoes by injection molding except Crocs. Pretty much everything else is hand-crafted.

We should stop acting like "hand-crafted" means anything if we want shady companies to stop pitching their products as such.

For the record, I think this company is overpriced. Their shoes might be comfortable, and they don't look bad for the most part, but $400+ for a glued shoe seems quite excessive.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    330 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
    I know this comment is more suited for the "menswear trends obsolete in 20 yrs" thread, but this "young professional fur trapper" look is one I can't wait to see disappear ...
    What part of that look says "professional"?