Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Off Your Shine!

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)
    Bump?

IMG_20190520_194159_536 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Considering I'd been raving my face off for 3 nights straight, I'd say I did okay cleaning up.

20190520_221836 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    528 Post(s)
    You were at EDC?

Very nice shine! AE Strand?

I just haven't the time to work on my shoes since I started my own firm. I've been working so much. When I have down time, I am really DOWN.
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    Bump?

IMG_20190520_194159_536 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Considering I'd been raving my face off for 3 nights straight, I'd say I did okay cleaning up.

20190520_221836 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    You were at EDC?

Very nice shine! AE Strand?

I just haven't the time to work on my shoes since I started my own firm. I've been working so much. When I have down time, I am really DOWN.

Yes we were, and yes they are.

(we've already bought tickets for next year, although the trip will be considerably shorter--we're saving up vacation time for Tomorrowland in Belgium as well since we'll both be 40 next year)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    528 Post(s)
    Yes we were, and yes they are.

(we've already bought tickets for next year, although the trip will be considerably shorter--we're saving up vacation time for Tomorrowland in Belgium as well since we'll both be 40 next year)
    Well, maybe we will go some day. I know I'm old, but I still enjoy that kind of crazy thing. It just takes me two days to recover for every night I stay up until dawn.

It's great you enjoy traveling so much and that you take your style with you.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Well, maybe we will go some day. I know I'm old, but I still enjoy that kind of crazy thing. It just takes me two days to recover for every night I stay up until dawn.

It's great you enjoy traveling so much and that you take your style with you.

If not now, when? You have a year, they have a payment plan for tickets ($40/month per starting now), plan ahead and do it man.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Man you military guys sure know how to shine a shoe!
    When I was active duty, we learned how to spit shine in bootcamp. When we graduated and arrived in our A schools, we learned to shine our black dress shoes with fire. You'd get them to be so shiny, they would become mirror-like. Granted, we were using brands like Kiwi, I'm not sure I'd try fire shining with products like Saphir.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rd27 View Post
    When I was active duty, we learned how to spit shine in bootcamp. When we graduated and arrived in our A schools, we learned to shine our black dress shoes with fire. You'd get them to be so shiny, they would become mirror-like. Granted, we were using brands like Kiwi, I'm not sure I'd try fire shining with products like Saphir.

Works exactly the same. Wax and solvents is wax and solvents. You're melting the wax so it fills in the low areas faster than just applying/buffing/applying/buffing.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rd27 View Post
    Works exactly the same. Wax and solvents is wax and solvents. You're melting the wax so it fills in the low areas faster than just applying/buffing/applying/buffing.
    You guys are making me miss the time I was spending shining shoes.

So busy with this new business now.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    394 Post(s)
    JC Penney Stafford Logans

Conditioned, roughly polished entire shoe, wore until that cracked, brushed it out, applied some mirror gloss to the toes and heels, tried to get the mirror gloss out with a skewer...

Not too much effort, but am happy to bring back these cheap shoes that I wasn't wearing anymore from having abused them. Also before pic of them looking sad and dry.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ianr View Post
    JC Penney Stafford Logans

Conditioned, roughly polished entire shoe, wore until that cracked, brushed it out, applied some mirror gloss to the toes and heels, tried to get the mirror gloss out with a skewer...

Not too much effort, but am happy to bring back these cheap shoes that I wasn't wearing anymore from having abused them. Also before pic of them looking sad and dry.

Great job on an inexpensive shoe! Good enough to wear for many occasions.