Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Show Off Your Shine!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quoted
    475 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Wow. That is impressive!
    Thanks. I used to just be a Kiwi and done kinda guy. I'm definitely proselytizing the Gospel According to Kirby, Book of Saphir, Chapter Mirror Gloss.

Black Shakers After by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    559 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ianr View Post
    Not quite mirror yet. These are Jack Erwin. Had some scratches and leather gouged out. Cleaned them up with renomat, patched up all the scratches and edges with renovating cream, left a coat of renovateur on to soak in, brushed out the renovateur wax layer, applied pommadier cream polish including edges of sole, buffed, applied pate de luxe + alcohol + water to heels and toes, buffed.

Only disappointment is now I don't have an excuse to get new black shoes since these are serviceable again.
    Yes, they look great!

You all are putting me to shame. I've been working so much that I just feel too tired to shine shoes when I'm not working. The upside is that I can afford to buy more shoes. The downside is that I don't have room for them and I don't have much opportunity to wear them.

Oh well--I can still admire the great shines you all are putting on your shoes.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?