Thread: Light to mid weight long sleeve T ideas

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)

Light to mid weight long sleeve T ideas

With it being almost spring time I find most of my long sleeve thermals and henleys are fine in the AM if running around but it gets mid day they run hot as they are a thicker weight.

My other long sleeve Ts are mostly ones aren’t really dappered (team/sports based or give giveaways). I’m looking to split the gap.

Are there any options outside henleys that people might recommend?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Buck Mason makes really nice t-shirts. I have both long and short sleeve T's from them. Not the cheapest option around but they are very nice quality and get good reviews.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    I used to have several from Gap that I really liked. They were just basic crew neck, 100% cotton long sleeve t-shirts in plain colors. They were pretty lightweight and had a nice slim but not too slim fit.

I'm not sure if they still sell them as it's been several years since I bought mine, but believe they called them their "essential long sleeve T" if I remember correctly.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)
    I've become a fan of the Target longsleeve henley T for $14.99. Lightweight, raglan sleeves, and a rounded hemline. They call it a standard fit but it's pretty slim including in the sleeves, which I like.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    678 Post(s)
    If you're looking for something very reasonable on the budget, I like my Amazon Essentials long sleeve t-shirts. The ones I have, I would describe more as more mid-weight than light weight. But you can't beat the price and they are really well made for that price as well.

For something more spendy, I really like my John Varvatos long sleeve t-shirts and they are light weight. I got them at Nordstrom on sale, I think. However, I don't wear them often enough to know how they hold up over time--I like them because they are cut slimmer around the waist and don't have lots of extra fabric hanging loose.

So, that's a half recommendation on those.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    If you're looking for something very reasonable on the budget, I like my Amazon Essentials long sleeve t-shirts. The ones I have, I would describe more as more mid-weight than light weight. But you can't beat the price and they are really well made for that price as well.
    Second this recommendation, although I do have one of the two I bought that has a slight tear between the body and the collar ring already and just got them this fall. They're not super thin but not thick by any means and they fit really well. And are super reasonable and if you're a Prime member maybe order just one and see how it works before committing to buying more.
    “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark4 View Post
    Second this recommendation, although I do have one of the two I bought that has a slight tear between the body and the collar ring already and just got them this fall. They're not super thin but not thick by any means and they fit really well. And are super reasonable and if you're a Prime member maybe order just one and see how it works before committing to buying more.
    Thanks to both for the recommendation. I need to look into these. I am not looking to spend a lot since it's just a t-shirt.