Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Off Your Shine!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    @mebejoseph and @armedferret you guys are an inspiration. Especially when I haven't polished my shoes in I don't know how long. I definitely need to get on it though, as my AEs are starting to show the signs of needing some love.
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    Have a thing with a chainsaw this weekend (hoo boy am I excited!!) and may well utilize the ol' Sturgis 2.0 as long as we're talkin AE....but then HOPEFULLY get that outta the way today and tomorrow and have sunday for a little shine work...
    For more inspiration and instruction, here's one of my favorite shoe shine videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGDoisH4gVM

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)
    I don't know why, but Friday is the day I seem to like to show off my shine. I'll show you mine, even if you don't show me yours. And maybe I've inspired @DocDave to do some work on his shoe shine, as well as @armedferret .

Today's shine is on a pair of Allen Edmonds McAllister oxford wingtips in the discontinued bourbon color. I LOVE this color, but yes, I am having some of the same problems that others have had with the shoes losing some of the finish and color. Although I think I've now discovered that using neutral polish seems to mitigate the problem--too late to restore the color of the finish, but I am working on a fix to that as well--basically strategically applying small amounts of darker shoe cream and leaving on the shoes for a few hours. Seems to be working, but I am going slowly in order not to overdo it.

I also like that this AE model comes in size 12.5, as most 12's are a bit too tight and all 13's are at least a little too large and sometimes WAY too large. If you're in that size range, you'll know that it's very tough to find half sizes after 12, so when I do, that's a big bonus.

At any rate, here's today's shine:

Last edited by mebejoseph; June 22nd, 2018 at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    454 Post(s)
    Diggin it!

Heading to Paul Van Dyk tonight, so after I'm off work (green suede boots just like every day I'm afraid ) i'll be proceeding immediately to a nap.

Lots of chores around the house to hit up this weekend, but might be able to put in a few minutes on the Fifth Aves later.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)
    Diggin it!

Heading to Paul Van Dyk tonight, so after I'm off work (green suede boots just like every day I'm afraid ) i'll be proceeding immediately to a nap.

Lots of chores around the house to hit up this weekend, but might be able to put in a few minutes on the Fifth Aves later.
    Have fun! Does the military know you go to EDM Raves? Or is that "don't ask, don't tell"?

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    454 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Have fun! Does the military know you go to EDM Raves? Or is that "don't ask, don't tell"?
    Not a rave, just a nightclub in DC he's playing at.

My chain of command has no issue with anything I do, as they know by the sheer fact I'm stationed where I am and I do what I do that I'm not going to make poor decisions.

In other words, "no news is good news".....long as there's no news, it's assumed (correctly, just so I'm on the record with that lest there be someone somewhere that reads into somethin that ain't there) I'm making the right choices, and going to a music festival (i.e. EDC) or a nightclub (as with tonight) is no harm no foul.

Hell, EDC had over 157,000 people the first night alone, and a whopping 33 incidents involving law enforcement. For a 3-night rave in a town like Vegas, I'd say that's pretty dang o.k.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)
    Okay, these were my shine project for this week's Show Off Your Shine Friday.

Issaquah loafer by JFitzpatrick in burgundy. These shoes look so much better in person and are my favorite shoes right now.

I wish the photo did them justice. But if it did, you'd probably all go buy a pair and I wouldn't be so special.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    454 Post(s)
    Not all AEs get a shine :P

20180708_121240 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)
    Not all AEs get a shine :P

20180708_121240 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr
    Wow--that's a work boot for sure. Or hiking?

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    454 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Wow--that's a work boot for sure. Or hiking?
    AE Sturgis 2.0

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)
    I'm gonna do a two-fer this Friday, because I missed last week.

First a pair of monk straps from Herring Premier. One of my favorite pairs right now: