Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Show Off Your Shine!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    555 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    These look way better in person. Guess I donít know how to take shiny photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    95% of my stuff looks way better in person than it does on them innernetz. Full on button boot envy. Bonafe last doesnt really work for me so odds are I'm going to do something really dumb and get some button boots once my Russian Reindeer are done. I mean Cleverley will have a last for me so....might as well right?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    648 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    95% of my stuff looks way better in person than it does on them innernetz. Full on button boot envy. Bonafe last doesnt really work for me so odds are I'm going to do something really dumb and get some button boots once my Russian Reindeer are done. I mean Cleverley will have a last for me so....might as well right?
    These are made to order JFitzpatrick. I can't remember which last.

But once you've got a bespoke last, it seems to make sense to use it again. Looking forward to seeing the Russian Reindeer boots!
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    555 Post(s)
    These are made to order JFitzpatrick. I can't remember which last.

But once you've got a bespoke last, it seems to make sense to use it again. Looking forward to seeing the Russian Reindeer boots!
    it'll be a minute. the reindeer are first, then probably some black captoes, *THEN* maybe a button boot. or maybe a patent oxford after the captoe, THEN the button. i can wear the patent with both black tie and a few uniform combinations for work, so....sensible right?
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    555 Post(s)
    Thumbs up for Saphir?

20200202_192506 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

20200202_192523 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    648 Post(s)
    Oh yes, Saphir is outstanding.

But it did take a little work from you as well.

Great job!

What are the boots?
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    555 Post(s)
    Oh yes, Saphir is outstanding.

But it did take a little work from you as well.

Great job!

What are the boots?
    Thanks bruv.

AE First Ave.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    They seem to have used an undersized toepuff on these, causing creasing and wax cracking on the medallion area, but I do what I can. I don't normally get super excited about any particular item of clothing, but the midnight Cornwallis was one of my first Dappered- inspired acquisitions and I was decidedly stoked when they arrived.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1517 Post(s)
    @stuffedsuperdud are those shoes blue in colour? I do like the look of them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    @stuffedsuperdud are those shoes blue in colour? I do like the look of them.
    Yah! In fall 2016 AE took a bunch of models and made them in midnight blue. I had been lusting after the Cornwallis since Joe talked about them several months prior, and this was the perfect opportunity. I frequently wear them in place of black captoes, as they look quite black/conservative under some lighting, but under sunlight from certain angles look almost bright blue. Stylistically, they are quite a deviation from AE's core of blobby brogues, but a welcome one; the plain toe with medallion, Adelaide style lacing, and extensive pinking were all quite bold deviations, which are just interesting enough to be unique without crossing into superdapperdandy. The 1943 last itself adds a welcome touch of European flair to a somewhat stodgy lineup, which might have something to do with why the first two models were named after the Battle of Yorktown and Lord Cornwallis, the Redcoat commander who took it on the chin that fateful October of 1781, though the exact joke in there I don't quite follow.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    555 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
    Yah! In fall 2016 AE took a bunch of models and made them in midnight blue. I had been lusting after the Cornwallis since Joe talked about them several months prior, and this was the perfect opportunity. I frequently wear them in place of black captoes, as they look quite black/conservative under some lighting, but under sunlight from certain angles look almost bright blue. Stylistically, they are quite a deviation from AE's core of blobby brogues, but a welcome one; the plain toe with medallion, Adelaide style lacing, and extensive pinking were all quite bold deviations, which are just interesting enough to be unique without crossing into superdapperdandy. The 1943 last itself adds a welcome touch of European flair to a somewhat stodgy lineup, which might have something to do with why the first two models were named after the Battle of Yorktown and Lord Cornwallis, the Redcoat commander who took it on the chin that fateful October of 1781, though the exact joke in there I don't quite follow.
    Murica ain't no joke son.