Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Comfortable Sneakery Shoes Recommendations

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    I've incorporated sneakers into my wardrobe quite a bit more the past couple years, even at work, and rotate amongst the following: adidas Stan Smiths, Sambas (white), Berlin (navy suede), and the Nike Killshots. They are each very versatile and comfortable. I have chronic foot tendonitis from running and spent an entire day roaming around Istanbul in the Stan Smiths with no problems.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)
    One more for the Allbirds. I got a pair of the Tree Skippers a couple weeks back and they are super comfortable. I can't attest to durability, and I'm still a bit skeptical that they aren't going to develop a funk (even with washing), but so far they are fantastic.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1049 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Martigan View Post
    Absolutely love my Puma suedes and Addidas Gazelles. They look as sharp as a sneaker can get, aren't expensive, and have nice color options. There are also all kinds of converse Chuck Taylors, but its maybe a step down stylewise (to me) and I've always felt they ran a bit narrow and were light on cushioning.
    +1 on this. I have several pairs of Gazelles (and can't believe the price increase, but that's a posting for another day) and have no problem walking around in the them for extended periods of time.

I do have issues with the Chuck Taylors though. After a few hours of walking in them, my dogs are barking. So for a full day of walking around the city I tend to look for something else.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Alot of good recommendations so far. A few other thoughts
    1. You may need to think about how much technical vs style you want to trade off (I have all kinds of sneakery things that I wouldn't want to spend all day walking in, whereas I love my Mizunos for comfort if not looks).
    2. Of the more more stylish things, some of the Vans models aren't so skate shoe looking.
    3. I bought a pair of "Rush by Gordon Rush" From 6 PM in the fall. They are basically a Common projects knock off, but pretty cheap, and they are comfy and have worn well so far.
    https://www.6pm.com/rush-by-gordon-r...gIFAQIYHAo.zso

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Common Projects Achilles are my go to sneaker. I know that's not a popular thing around here because people see afraid to spend money on anything other than watches, but the reality is that of the 3 pairs I own they look better, fit better, have a slimmer profile, and are made of better leather than the other equivalent Margom soled lesser shoes that copy them. I say this after having tried on many others, and even purchasing other "alternatives".

I also wear actual Bundeswhehr German Army Trainers and prefer them over the Margiela Replicas, though the leather is nicer on the Margileas. However, it's getting increasingly difficult to get good unworn pairs shipped to the US without the leather being cracked or marred from poor storage, so that's a difficulty.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)
    I was wearing vans before which i find to be fairly uncomfortable due to lack of any support or cushion. I picked up a pair of seavees and i am really really happy with them. I think they look great (sleek but still more substantial than the vans) and they have support and comfort the vans severely lack. I have the raffia legend but really like that hermosa in sage. The stock pic is just eh.. look at the pics of them on the model. They look great!

https://www.seavees.com/products/men...raffia-natural

https://www.seavees.com/products/men...-standard-sage

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Batty View Post
    Common Projects Achilles are my go to sneaker. I know that's not a popular thing around here because people see afraid to spend money on anything other than watches, but the reality is that of the 3 pairs I own they look better, fit better, have a slimmer profile, and are made of better leather than the other equivalent Margom soled lesser shoes that copy them. I say this after having tried on many others, and even purchasing other "alternatives".

I also wear actual Bundeswhehr German Army Trainers and prefer them over the Margiela Replicas, though the leather is nicer on the Margileas. However, it's getting increasingly difficult to get good unworn pairs shipped to the US without the leather being cracked or marred from poor storage, so that's a difficulty.
    I cant do the CP's but eyeing the Epaulet white sneakers. They look excellent. My favorite dress shoe retailer Cobbler Union is coming out with sneakers in a few weeks. I am on the wait list for a 20% discount when those release (sign up on their site). I cant wait to see what they look like as well. Their shoes are absolutely incredible so im excited about these as well.

Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1736 Post(s)
    I know that's not a popular thing around here because people see afraid to spend money on anything other than watches
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    345 Post(s)

CPs don't immediately pop to mind when I think comfortable sneakers, at least not in the sense of needing to walk for 10+ hours a day in them. They run pretty narrow and can be difficult to fit for some people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    I'm headed to Barcelona in August with a lot of walking on the agenda, would those of you who have Allbirds Wool Runners recommend them in that type of heat and situation? Or am I better off with the Tree Runners they've released? I assume comfort is equal. I like the style of the wool a little bit more but comfort is more important here I'd say.