Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comfortable Sneakery Shoes Recommendations

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    I've incorporated sneakers into my wardrobe quite a bit more the past couple years, even at work, and rotate amongst the following: adidas Stan Smiths, Sambas (white), Berlin (navy suede), and the Nike Killshots. They are each very versatile and comfortable. I have chronic foot tendonitis from running and spent an entire day roaming around Istanbul in the Stan Smiths with no problems.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    133 Post(s)
    One more for the Allbirds. I got a pair of the Tree Skippers a couple weeks back and they are super comfortable. I can't attest to durability, and I'm still a bit skeptical that they aren't going to develop a funk (even with washing), but so far they are fantastic.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Quoted
    969 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Martigan View Post
    Absolutely love my Puma suedes and Addidas Gazelles. They look as sharp as a sneaker can get, aren't expensive, and have nice color options. There are also all kinds of converse Chuck Taylors, but its maybe a step down stylewise (to me) and I've always felt they ran a bit narrow and were light on cushioning.
    +1 on this. I have several pairs of Gazelles (and can't believe the price increase, but that's a posting for another day) and have no problem walking around in the them for extended periods of time.

I do have issues with the Chuck Taylors though. After a few hours of walking in them, my dogs are barking. So for a full day of walking around the city I tend to look for something else.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Alot of good recommendations so far. A few other thoughts
    1. You may need to think about how much technical vs style you want to trade off (I have all kinds of sneakery things that I wouldn't want to spend all day walking in, whereas I love my Mizunos for comfort if not looks).
    2. Of the more more stylish things, some of the Vans models aren't so skate shoe looking.
    3. I bought a pair of "Rush by Gordon Rush" From 6 PM in the fall. They are basically a Common projects knock off, but pretty cheap, and they are comfy and have worn well so far.
    https://www.6pm.com/rush-by-gordon-r...gIFAQIYHAo.zso