Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Thursday Boot Company Lincoln Loafer Unboxing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    My pair of the natural CXL derbies came today and they're more than acceptable. The leather has no defects or discoloration, the stitching is even and tight, they're TTS and comfortable. As a casual shoe they'll do well. For dress shoes I'll stick with AE and Beckett Simonon.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by connersw View Post
    This thread gives me Combat Gent flashbacks. Oh, it looks alright..for the price I paid...blah, blah, blah.

Quit trying to justify purchases. The last is awful. The leather is garbage. The quality is horrendous. The sole is a hot mess.

Why do people continue to support these internet companies with nothing but marketing double speak and paid reviews? Why waste money on these throwaway shoes when you can get shoes that will last a lifetime and look a 100 times better for only slightly more?
    I have 11 pairs of AEs, as well as a handful of vintage '60s gunboats and other assorted shoes/boots in my closet. For the $81 bucks I paid for a pair of the Thursday natural PTBs, I'll be happy to add them to my closet as long as they fit when they show up. Nobody I know is going to care how much they cost or what their lineage is, and if they did I probably wouldn't be hanging out with them anyway.