Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spier & Mackay New Polos

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

Spier & Mackay New Polos

Has anyone tried them? Saw one featured in the post this morning. Been thinking about pulling the trigger on one or two. Trying to decide on size. For reference, I wear a 16 1/2 x 34 in their slim fit dress shirts.

Thanks
    instagram.com/cutandbasted
    cutandbasted.tumblr.com

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    318 Post(s)
    I have a couple of last seasons and four from this season. Lucked out when they first came out this year the promo pricing was messed up and they ended up coming out to $15 a shirt instead of $25. I told S&M the error and they honored the price anyway for me.

If you know what size works for you with their dress shirts then I would compare the two size charts to find what will fit the best. Keep in mind that they were made with shrinkage being kept in mind. If you head over to the S&M thread you can see a couple of us asked question in regards to sizing/shrinkage and got some pretty good answers from S&M.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    687 Post(s)
    are they really as thick as mentioned in the post?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)
    I really like the cutaway collars, they are a great deal

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quoted
    306 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sdjackofclubs View Post
    Has anyone tried them? Saw one featured in the post this morning. Been thinking about pulling the trigger on one or two. Trying to decide on size. For reference, I wear a 16 1/2 x 34 in their slim fit dress shirts.

Thanks
    16.5 in dress shirts, I suggest a large.

They are designed to shrink in the length with a warm wash/warm dryer. They will shrink about 1". If you don't want it to shrink, then cold wash/lay flat to dry.

On the main page pic, it doesn't look like Joe washed/pressed the shirt and collar. If you do, you will get a really great collar roll on the BD. As for the cloth, Joe says that it's really thick. I don't quite agree. It's as thick as a quality polo should be. Far too often, the cheaper polos on the market are made of a whispy, paper thin cloth that cuts the weight AND ultimately price. I was just in Shanghai this past weekend in 27C heat and couldn't be more comfortable.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Good to know. Thank you!
    instagram.com/cutandbasted
    cutandbasted.tumblr.com

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    318 Post(s)
    I forgot to mention the "thick fabric" to me they don't feel any thicker than your typical pique polo. IMO the fabric will be plenty fine for the humid summers we get here in MA.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    687 Post(s)
    Interesting note about the thickness. I'm debating picking them up for use in CA/Vegas so it's gonna be about 90 degrees...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quoted
    306 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    Interesting note about the thickness. I'm debating picking them up for use in CA/Vegas so it's gonna be about 90 degrees...
    90 is hot no matter what you're wearing. lol.

Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1771 Post(s)
    Interested to hear from those who may have both how these compare to the Kent Wang polos. I like my KWs but the fit is not perfect for me - medium fits me well in the chest/shoulders but is a bit loose in the midsection.
    Ben