Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Thursday Boot Company Shoe Sale

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by batkins9 View Post
    Doubtful. That's such a bad business decision that there is no net value to it. They probably underestimated demand, which is still frustrating to the consumer but not malicious. They were offering a choose your own price for 24 hours. While the lowest price was around $80, they were probably hoping people chose to pay in the low $100 range. Their shoes will retail for $170, I think.
    What will make them think that we choose the expensive option? If this was targeted for us none Thursday boot customers to bite the bait, it work for me and got the horween wingtip. I have low expectations. It looks they sold out before 11 am on all there shoes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Can't really call this a scam. I wasn't planning to buy one, but went in there found that the loafer in natural in my size and decided to go for it. By the time I was there that was one of the few styles left, but luckily I was in the market for a loafer. I was just fortunate and would not have been disappointed if I failed to find something.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    372 Post(s)
    The people screaming "SCAM!" remind me of the people who got all butthurt that McDonalds ran out of the LIMITED rerelease of the Szechuan sauce before they could get some.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chiconice View Post
    What will make them think that we choose the expensive option? If this was targeted for us none Thursday boot customers to bite the bait, it work for me and got the horween wingtip. I have low expectations. It looks they sold out before 11 am on all there shoes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    You may have noticed the text that changed as you chose your price. I would guess they were thinking that consumers would act the same way we do in restaurants. The food costs what it does, but people choose to add a tip, i.e. pay more.

As an existing customer, I have been happy with the products I've bought. A GYW wingtip made of horween leather sounds like it will be a solid shoe. I think people place way too much emphasis on price and brand. An AE Strand cost $100 to make. The retail price is the result of markup, not necessarily quality, though I think the AE shoes I have are decently made. I also have shoes from Velasca, Jack Erwin, and Meermin that are far less expensive, and still very good shoes.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    559 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    The people screaming "SCAM!" remind me of the people who got all butthurt that McDonalds ran out of the LIMITED rerelease of the Szechuan sauce before they could get some.
    Only one of us is yelling scam. And I don't eat McDonalds.

And I won't say what you remind me of.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    372 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post

And I won't say what you remind me of.

Lots of negative experiences with their quality and whatnot over on Reddit:GYW so I skipped this deal. Although for $80 and free shipping/returns, might have been worth the risk... Although I find it questionable using CXL for actual dress shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I have been very happy with my French roast vanguards, I love the color and have not had any issues with comfort. I tried to pick up a pair last night but the site was down and they were sold out by the time I checked at 5:45 am.. bummer. Hope the people lucky enough to score a pair of shoes enjoy them!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    I bought a pair around 5:30 this morning. Late in the day I got an email saying that they had 2000 pairs in stock and another 2000 ready to go in two weeks but by nine am they had sold out of everything they could ship by the end of May. (Mine is shipping then.) Apparently they didn't expect the huge demand and the writer (anonymous) said her/his own family couldn't get a pair.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post

Lots of negative experiences with their quality and whatnot over on Reddit:GYW so I skipped this deal. Although for $80 and free shipping/returns, might have been worth the risk... Although I find it questionable using CXL for actual dress shoes.
    Ha, Reddit. The Mos Eisley of the internet. I'm very skeptical of keyboard experts in subjective matters like quality. You can't have champagne expectations on a Sprite budget.

Also, if you bought at $80, it was final sale and I don't know if shipping was free.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    372 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by batkins9 View Post
    Ha, Reddit. The Mos Eisley of the internet. I'm very skeptical of keyboard experts in subjective matters like quality. You can't have champagne expectations on a Sprite budget.

Also, if you bought at $80, it was final sale and I don't know if shipping was free.
    GoodYear Welt subreddit is definitely not frugal male fashion. People spend major coin on their boots and shoes over there and tend to know their stuff. But the final sale on at cost sales would make sense.
    Last edited by Nandyn; April 26th, 2018 at 08:11 PM.