Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Two months until my wedding and I don't have a suit. Help?!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    582 Post(s)
    If you're adverse to wool, check out Haspel. They are known for their seersucker but if thats not your thing they also offer pincord and poplin suiting, and as they're based in New Orleans, all of their jackets come either unlined or 1/4 lined at most, so they're plenty airy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    If you're adverse to wool, check out Haspel. They are known for their seersucker but if thats not your thing they also offer pincord and poplin suiting, and as they're based in New Orleans, all of their jackets come either unlined or 1/4 lined at most, so they're plenty airy.
    i'd love that idea but then i am way more casual than my groomsmen. think i need to be in wool to match them.

i may end up just wearing the same suit they do if i can't find anything.

was hoping to find a summerweight/tropical wool suit in a lighter shade of blue.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    582 Post(s)
    Have you looked for maybe some suitsupply stuff on ebay? There's a couple prominent sellers there (Kirwin is one of the best, ebay driftingawaynet) who may have something in your size/price range.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lookinsharp24 View Post
    i'd love that idea but then i am way more casual than my groomsmen. think i need to be in wool to match them.

i may end up just wearing the same suit they do if i can't find anything.

was hoping to find a summerweight/tropical wool suit in a lighter shade of blue.
    From a photography perspective, you really should be the darker color rather than the lighter color to stand out and be the focus of the photo. Especially if an outdoor wedding, you will blend into the background and the groomsmen will be the focus of the photo (in general). Not that it cannot work but check out photos online ... unless it's a magazine type shoot then most of the time the focus of the photo is the darker one setoff by the lighter contrast. Especially if a light background (aka outside).

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    424 Post(s)
    Do you know what your partner will be wearing?

I know this seems like a no-brainer, but it is going to look weirder if you are at a way different formality level than your partner vs. whatever happens with your groomsmen. You might end up in a couple of goofy photographs with all your groomsmen, but people are going to be actually looking at the main event.

I see a lot of these "me and my groomsmen" questions, but I wouldn't suggest stressing over that too much. That's going to be a thing for literally like 2 minutes out of several hours.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)
    I agree with hockeysc23 that color probably plays a bigger role in how formal or casual you look, as fabric/texture won't be too obvious from a distance.

Maybe if your groomsmen didn't just buy their navy suits for your wedding you can have them not wear jackets, and you'll be the only one wearing one. Or have them wear their navy suits tieless (I know some people don't like this), and you wear a charcoal suit with a tie to stand out. Find a way to appear just a bit more formal than them. Just throwing around some ideas.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by julius12 View Post
    Maybe if your groomsmen didn't just buy their navy suits for your wedding you can have them not wear jackets, and you'll be the only one wearing one. Or have them wear their navy suits tieless (I know some people don't like this), and you wear a charcoal suit with a tie to stand out. Find a way to appear just a bit more formal than them. Just throwing around some ideas.
    Seriously? No jackets for wedding party? That'll look pretty weak.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JT10000 View Post
    Seriously? No jackets for wedding party? That'll look pretty weak.
    The wedding is "outdoors in the dead of summer". You can google pics and see that it can work. Maybe not the best option, but still an option. Better than sweating profusely (if it's that hot).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by julius12 View Post
    The wedding is "outdoors in the dead of summer". You can google pics and see that it can work. Maybe not the best option, but still an option. Better than sweating profusely (if it's that hot).
    I thought you recommended the no-jacket look that as an approach to formality, so you're also saying groom in a jacket, maybe a light one, in those conditions is OK? Okay.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)
    Or bring a change of shirt. You should have a few moments throughout the whole wedding to go change into a dry shirt if concerned. I brought one just incase i spilled etc.