Thread: Fixing Ray Bans

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    126 Post(s)

Fixing Ray Bans

I dropped my Ray Ban Aviators and one lens has cracked all the way across.

Any thoughts on replacing just the single lens?

Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1700 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aps2012 View Post
    I dropped my Ray Ban Aviators and one lens has cracked all the way across.

Any thoughts on replacing just the single lens?
    Best bet would be to search your area for a local optician that sells Ray-Bans and see what the cost would be to send them in to the lab for one new lens. It may end up being a wash versus just buying a whole new pair.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)
    Check eBay. I bought a pair of wayfarers there after scratching my right lense. The pair I bought had a jacked up left lense. I paid about $30. Make sure to ask a ton of questions to the seller and you could make out with a new lense and spare frames.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)
    i dont have any experience with RayBan, but my Mauis and my wifes burberrys were just sent back to them. It was about 90 bucks for the Mauis (pair of lenses) and they basically replaced everything on my glasses. The burberrys were a different issue (not cracked lens) and they repaired and restored them for free and sent them back. I was very pleased with the service from both companies.

I have replaced my Maui lenses 2 times and have been more than pleased with the process and experience. In other words, call RayBan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    I recently bought new Ray Ban lenses from www.fuselenses.com and have been very pleased. You lose the lense branding, but they have been top notch at the price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Ray Bans Fixation

Try your local area and get them fixed. Also, get new one from another brand if they are not repairable.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    530 Post(s)
    You might want to check with any optometrist office for extra lenses. The OEM branded lenses get popped out and replaced with the prescription ones any time any one gets a set there. The RAYBAN labeled OEM ones always go right in the garbage. The glasses technicians, if you bring them a sandwich or something and say "if you see any RAY BAN aviator lenses from THIS model and size you let me know" I bet you might luck out.

Alternatively, PLENTY of these OEM lenses come up on ebay for maybe <$10. be careful you find your correct model and size, they're commonly changing across those two.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ray-Ban-Avi...4AAOSwstNaxRPJ

On top of that, there are many sites, including ebay, that you can get generic ones to fit your glasses. Fit can be a little tricky occasionally (half due to generic manufacture of the lenses, and half to the poor way even expensive name brand glasses are made), but they're usually easy enough to pop in there, and so cheap that it's no big deal if they don't fit. You might at most need to stretch or pull out your frame a tiny tiny bit to get them to fit well.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Great post since I have the same question. I have a Ray Ban aviator graveyard in a drawer - smashed lenses mostly. I couldn’t part with them but didn’t know how to get them fixed either.