Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Suit Feedback

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Varsity Member jharrisonbarrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    152
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

    Suit Feedback

    Hey guys,

    I bought a suit from Oliver Wicks and wanted to get your opinion. Iím no expert but Iíd like to know what, if anything, I should tweak. Constructive suggestions welcome. Btw, the pic primarily showing the pants must have me standing at a weird angle because the pants have a very slight break.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    210
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Looking very good! The suit looks very sharp.

    One comment: It looks like your wallet is in your front pocket and it looks way too big when the jacket is off--it's making a bulge and not the kind you want. Consider carry less in your wallet perhaps? And maybe even a smaller wallet? You'd be surprised at how little you can get by with keeping in your wallet, especially if it's for a special occasion. When I go out, it's just my ID, a couple of credit cards, and cash.


    Question: Why do you have an empty pickle jar on the floor?

  3. #3
    Varsity Member jharrisonbarrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    152
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Looking very good! The suit looks very sharp.

    One comment: It looks like your wallet is in your front pocket and it looks way too big when the jacket is off--it's making a bulge and not the kind you want. Consider carry less in your wallet perhaps? And maybe even a smaller wallet? You'd be surprised at how little you can get by with keeping in your wallet, especially if it's for a special occasion. When I go out, it's just my ID, a couple of credit cards, and cash.


    Question: Why do you have an empty pickle jar on the floor?
    Haha thanks for the feedback. The pickle jar is for recycling. It takes up too much space in the bin so I just take it out individually.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    I think the fit looks great, also love that you went with patch pockets.

    How do you like the suit? And how is the quality overall?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Varsity Member jharrisonbarrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    152
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Useknifeonly View Post
    I think the fit looks great, also love that you went with patch pockets.

    How do you like the suit? And how is the quality overall?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I wanted to wear the jacket with odd trousers without it looking like an orphaned suit jacket. The quality is definitely there. Solid construction overall. I was spot on with my measurements for the jacket. No tailoring needed but I was off with the pants. The thigh and calf were way too large for the tapered 15 inch leg opening. I guess itís better I gave them a larger leg measurement than a smaller one


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Super Moderator LesserBlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,725
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1644 Post(s)
    Looks good overall but there is a lot of pulling and bunching around the back of the waist, which would seem to suggest it needs to be let out slightly.
    Ben

  7. #7
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    210
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Okay, maybe one more comment--and this is a matter of taste, and not a comment on the suit--I like a bigger knot in the tie with a collar spread that much, but I know that everyone has different tastes in that regard.
    Last edited by mebejoseph; April 13th, 2018 at 10:35 AM.

  8. #8
    Varsity Member jharrisonbarrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    152
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    Me too actually. This was more to see what the suit would look like with a shirt and tie. Normally, I'm a double FIH knot person. The one if the photos is a regular FIH.

  9. #9
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    210
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jharrisonbarrett View Post
    Me too actually. This was more to see what the suit would look like with a shirt and tie. Normally, I'm a double FIH knot person. The one if the photos is a regular FIH.
    I just learned about the double FIH and I really like it compared with the FIH.

  10. #10
    Varsity Member jharrisonbarrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    152
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    I just learned about the double FIH and I really like it compared with the FIH.
    I'm a recent (under 1 year) convert myself

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •