Thread: Any advice for dealing with poor Orient USA customer service

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post

It's the Orient Mako USA II, so it's about 280ish after the 30% sales code
    Oh heck no, if you paid that much for a watch, you deserve an above and beyond service, sorry to hear that! Might wanna try a local jeweler.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    482 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mochi123 View Post
    Oh heck no, if you paid that much for a watch, you deserve an above and beyond service, sorry to hear that! Might wanna try a local jeweler.
    Agreed, I didn't know they were that expensive. I thought they were in the 100 range. Routine persistence in calling and complaining have got to be the only way to go. Always start nice as it usually isn't the representatives fault but simply state your case, and the resolution you want. If they cannot help escalate. I would consider the social media avenues.

I had a problem with my Audi and the local place said Audi of America has to authorize the repair first. They wouldn't give me the time of day past the initial call operator. I tweeted them and was talking to a manager in hours.

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1441 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    Agreed, I didn't know they were that expensive. I thought they were in the 100 range. Routine persistence in calling and complaining have got to be the only way to go. Always start nice as it usually isn't the representatives fault but simply state your case, and the resolution you want.
    Gotta say I agree with being nice. I had an issue with my local telco/internet provider. Persistent calling, politely explaining the issue, and of course documenting everything worked on in the end to my favour. In fact the CSR I was talking to on the phone commented on the fact that he often gets rude people on the phone and they get nowhere. But being nice and realizing they are just doing their job too, worked out ok.

Of course that's not to say I don't lose my cool when crap doesn't go my way. But in this instance, for me anywhere, it worked out. Hopefully it will work with your watch issue too.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    Update: I called them, promptly got an answer, told them my e-mail address and they addressed it within 5 minutes. Turns out, policy doesn't allow a replacement for a timing issue (guess they're really confident they can fix it). But to counteract the guarantee expiration, they do apparently guarantee the work done on the watch for an additional year (instead of from purchase date). They said they'd move my watch to the front of the queue. Sadly, this means I will be w/o my trusted mako for a couple months, but at least it's a solution. Hopefully they can fix it this time.

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1441 Post(s)
    Glad to hear you're getting taken care of @Scofield. Will be interested in hearing how it all turns out.