Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe's arm tattoo?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)
    Leviticus prohibits, if memory serves, 76 things, including letting your hair get untidy, touching an unclean animal, handling fish without scales, eating an animal that does not chew cud and have a divided hoof (adios bacon!), giving your children to be sacrificed by Molek, not paying your employees daily, mixing fabrics in clothing, sleeping with another man’s slave, trimming your beard, not standing for the elderly, and not treating the foreign the same as native born (paging Jeff Sessions...)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    Leviticus prohibits, if memory serves, 76 things, including letting your hair get untidy, touching an unclean animal, handling fish without scales, eating an animal that does not chew cud and have a divided hoof (adios bacon!), giving your children to be sacrificed by Molek, not paying your employees daily, mixing fabrics in clothing, sleeping with another man’s slave, trimming your beard, not standing for the elderly, and not treating the foreign the same as native born (paging Jeff Sessions...)
    Context is an incredibly important aspect when discussing Levitical law. Just worth a mention in my opinion.

As far as Joe's tattoo goes, nothing seems to have changed about the way he runs the site. I never really read Dappered for Joe's biceps, so I'm pretty neutral about the whole change.

In spirit with the Old Testament references though, and considering his tattoo appears to be a feather design of sorts, maybe we should start referring to the era prior to the tattoo as B.C. (Before Calamus)?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    I can’t say I ever expected to read a debate about biblical interpretation on a menswear forum, but we live in weird times...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Leviticus prohibits, if memory serves . . . giving your children to be sacrificed by Molek . . .
    Damn, I was golden until you got to this one.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Leviticus prohibits . . . mixing fabrics in clothing . . .
    So, something I have in common with the All Mighty is that we both abhor wool/poly blends.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    So, something I have in common with the All Mighty is that we both abhor wool/poly blends.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Quoted
    844 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex.C View Post
    I went back to a few other bare-armed posts in the past and I'm pretty sure that's brand spankin' new. Not sure how I feel about it. While I don't have an issue with tattoos per se, that one seems a bit *ahem* douchey. It's not the same, but very much reminds me of the ole barbed wire tattoos. I dunno, anyone else have an opinion?
    It looked tribal at first but if you look at it closely it is actually geometric patterning. Looks like it could be feathers or plant tendrils or something. Also, it may not be done. large projects like that take months. Most artists will do 3-4 week healing periods in between sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I hate tattoos.
    dang. So I guess that means the Joe+Shade wedding never really will happen. I will not take the Jesus bait though.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    It looked tribal at first but if you look at it closely it is actually geometric patterning. Looks like it could be feathers or plant tendrils or something.
    My guess is that it's a phoenix.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Quoted
    844 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbook View Post
    My guess is that it's a phoenix.
    I would agree, but maybe not done. You dont see many grey scale phoenix tattoos.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    I would agree, but maybe not done. You dont see many grey scale phoenix tattoos.
    Is Joe actually... Ben Affleck?