Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: White Athletic Shoe Alternatives?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

White Athletic Shoe Alternatives?

What are some recommended fashionable athletic shoes to wear that aren't white PureBoosts?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sputman View Post
    What are some recommended fashionable athletic shoes to wear that aren't white PureBoosts?
    Disclaimer: part of the wider foot club here...
    What will you use these for? For training i’m into Reebok nanos or newbalance minimus. For white leather sneakers when not training I have Reebok club c 85’s. Sperry can have some good canvas options.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sputman View Post
    If you mean white sneakers for casual wear (as opposed to dedicated athletic shoes with all the modern support technology), take a look at the Killshot Alternatives article Joe posted a while back.

https://dappered.com/2017/02/10-alte...lshot-sneaker/

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1009 Post(s)
    Can't go wrong with Stan Smiths...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Can't go wrong with Stan Smiths...
    I find them to be so chunky for some reason.

I really like these, but of course they are now sold out of my size. I sure hope they restock them. https://www.jcrew.com/p/E8592?color_name=white-gum

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1009 Post(s)
    @neminat I think Joe did a main page post about alternatives to the Killshots. So while the New Balance shoes you like are sold out at the moment, you might be able to find something else that fits the bill. Cheers.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    361 Post(s)
    I'm waiting for epaulet to release the "ghost" white horsehide sneakers.

Right now, they still list the dark brown and tan horsehide sneakers along with the white calfskin. Supposedly, they are going to release a white horsehide sneaker.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Parchment-colored Converse Chuck Taylors.
    Natural vachetta Puma Clydes.
    Vans old skool veggie tan.

I haven't yet found a lookalike for the Common Projects achilles blue with matching soles and laces, but that would also be on my list.

I also have the PF flyers in a natural / off white, but I have the cheap chinese-made ones and I wouldn't recommend them unless you like seeing a lot of micro-cracks in your leather shoes. I treated them with Coach leather stuff and mink oil before wearing and all of these little cracks appeared immediately upon wearing them for a day or two. They still look OK though, and different vs. all white yeezies.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    361 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
    I haven't yet found a lookalike for the Common Projects achilles blue with matching soles and laces, but that would also be on my list.
    I was admittedly in the same boat and couldn't fathom either spending $400 or buying a knockoff from Hong Kong that would fall apart.

I settled on Mezlan Masi in blue which doesn't have matching soles, but does have khaki soles which look good with khaki chinos.

I would still be interested in something like that which didn't cost as much as 3 or 4 pairs like this...

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    326 Post(s)
    I just go with Chuck Taylors. And basically I wear them for weightlifting, and going to raves/music festivals. The rest of the time I have AEs that I can wear for just about any situation. If it's casual enough my AEs are "too dressy" then my Chucks are fine. :P