Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Suggestions for stretch summerweight jeans?

  1. #11
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,624
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    678 Post(s)
    Update!

    -I picked up a pair of bonobos summer weight jeans. They wear much lighter than their 10.25 oz and are quite stretchy. Still not sure if it's light enough. I will return but by if it goes on massive sale (seasonal items like this always do)
    -Also picked up bonobos travel jeans. Now made in Egypt instead of USA but price is still the same. But the increase of stretch from 1 to 2% made a massive difference. 10.5 oz may still be too heavy and not quite enough stretch
    -Ordered the jomers jeans when it got restocked in my size. Will report back upon arrival

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Banana Republic Rapid Movement Denim are amazing, very comfortable and light.

  3. #13
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,624
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    678 Post(s)
    FYI I live in cali. Even at night, it gets into the high 80's here (95+ during the day). I want something literally barely there lol

  4. #14
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    351
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    146 Post(s)
    Have you considered a cotton-linen blend? I have a pair and they're great for when the temps start to really get up there. A quick search of Nordstrom brought up these two pair. They don't have the standard white weft you're after but they have some stretch and should be light in weight.

    https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/monte-r...hioncolor=NAVY
    https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/j-brand...lor=GREYSERITE

  5. #15
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,624
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    678 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Have you considered a cotton-linen blend? I have a pair and they're great for when the temps start to really get up there. A quick search of Nordstrom brought up these two pair. They don't have the standard white weft you're after but they have some stretch and should be light in weight.

    https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/monte-r...hioncolor=NAVY
    https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/j-brand...lor=GREYSERITE
    Good idea, but i can't find any that meet my criteria. Those are interesting, but i'd prefer a white weft, unique shade of blue/grey or a lighter grey.

    Update 2:

    Got my jomers. These things are awesome....BUT they are going back. Material, construction and the midnight blue/grey color are spectacular. But fit is just weird. It is a high rise and just a hint baggy around the thighs (i got slim fit).

    I may just pick up the bonobos summerweight, but i really wish they were like 2 oz lighter than their 10.25 oz. i'll probably just stick to my BR traveler pants until i can find something more suitable.

  6. #16
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    904
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    313 Post(s)
    @Scofield Bummer that the fit on the Jomers didn't work out for you. If you don't mind my asking what size did you order? If they're a 30 I'll take them off your hands.

  7. #17
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    591
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    Good idea, but i can't find any that meet my criteria. Those are interesting, but i'd prefer a white weft, unique shade of blue/grey or a lighter grey.

    Update 2:

    Got my jomers. These things are awesome....BUT they are going back. Material, construction and the midnight blue/grey color are spectacular. But fit is just weird. It is a high rise and just a hint baggy around the thighs (i got slim fit).

    I may just pick up the bonobos summerweight, but i really wish they were like 2 oz lighter than their 10.25 oz. i'll probably just stick to my BR traveler pants until i can find something more suitable.
    I don't know how many ounces the denim is, but American Eagle jeans feel pretty light and have a lot of stretch. They're also inexpensive compared to others (around the same range as Jomers). I have a couple pair of slim straight in a darker wash and a couple pair of slim (medium blue wash and khaki), love em.

    Side note on Jomers, I've found them to be slim in the thighs. I love their pants and have a few of their chinos. I'm in a pair of the Italian jeans today. I did have to go up two waist sizes to get the right fit for the thighs though. The chinos I bought last summer were their Hong Kong made pants that apparently have more room in the thigh. Their current releases are their NYC fit. For comparison, I'm a 33 in their HK slim and a 35 in their NYC slim. Shame they didn't work out, for their quality and price point, they are tough to beat.

  8. #18
    Varsity Member Nandyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    581
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    193 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    FYI I live in cali. Even at night, it gets into the high 80's here (95+ during the day). I want something literally barely there lol
    If you ever see it come up in available stock or another campaign, Gustin made a feather weight (6oz) Japanese selvedge Jean. It feels as thin and airy as a linen blend but it's all cotton denim. Because it's so thin, it moves really well and "stretches," no breaking in needed. The only downside is that because it's denim, it's not densely/tightly woven so I had one of the fly buttons pop off/out because the fabric was too thin for the rivet buttons to bite onto, even with the fly fabric doubled up.

    But Gustin was good and offered to refund or repair or send me extra buttons. I opted for the buttons and I reinforced the fly even more myself and set new buttons.

    They'll probably do another round of similar weight denim sooner or later.

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    My experience with Jomers fit has been a bit inconsistent. I’ve bought two that I liked the fit of a lot (including the recent traveler 5 pocket in slim), one that was too tight at the thigh (slim wool trousers last fall), and one that has a slightly higher rise and slightly baggy thighs (a slim last summer).

  10. #20
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,624
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    678 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    @Scofield Bummer that the fit on the Jomers didn't work out for you. If you don't mind my asking what size did you order? If they're a 30 I'll take them off your hands.
    They are but unfortunately they were sent back this morning. However, I do believe they are still available on the the jomers website (there was a restock)


    Quote Originally Posted by batkins9 View Post
    I don't know how many ounces the denim is, but American Eagle jeans feel pretty light and have a lot of stretch. They're also inexpensive compared to others (around the same range as Jomers). I have a couple pair of slim straight in a darker wash and a couple pair of slim (medium blue wash and khaki), love em.

    Side note on Jomers, I've found them to be slim in the thighs. I love their pants and have a few of their chinos. I'm in a pair of the Italian jeans today. I did have to go up two waist sizes to get the right fit for the thighs though. The chinos I bought last summer were their Hong Kong made pants that apparently have more room in the thigh. Their current releases are their NYC fit. For comparison, I'm a 33 in their HK slim and a 35 in their NYC slim. Shame they didn't work out, for their quality and price point, they are tough to beat.
    There's "light" and then there's "super light". My goal is the latter, since I live in cali and my favorite vacation spot is vegas.

    Jomers is actually coming out with a tailor fit version of their pants according to social media posts. I'm hoping sizing up in the waist will fix the waist/rise issue and the tailored fit will fix the bagginess issue. So i'll order those when they drop

    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    If you ever see it come up in available stock or another campaign, Gustin made a feather weight (6oz) Japanese selvedge Jean. It feels as thin and airy as a linen blend but it's all cotton denim. Because it's so thin, it moves really well and "stretches," no breaking in needed. The only downside is that because it's denim, it's not densely/tightly woven so I had one of the fly buttons pop off/out because the fabric was too thin for the rivet buttons to bite onto, even with the fly fabric doubled up.

    But Gustin was good and offered to refund or repair or send me extra buttons. I opted for the buttons and I reinforced the fly even more myself and set new buttons.

    They'll probably do another round of similar weight denim sooner or later.
    Damn, those were actually available in stock in my size but I passed due to the lack of stretch. Surprising to me those actually stretch without any added stretch?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •