Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for stretch summerweight jeans?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    676 Post(s)

Suggestions for stretch summerweight jeans?

I seem to have trouble finding a pair with all of these criteria:

1. Large amount of stretch (greater than 2%, ideally up to 10%)
    2. Less than 9 ounces (ideally 8 ounces or less)
    3. Has white weft/filling (this texture is what really makes jeans so versatile)

side notes:

-The bonobos summerweights are 10.25 oz
    -For the sake of exercise, let's say no budget

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quoted
    339 Post(s)
    Honestly, the old navy stretch max are pretty damn impressive at the price point.

If you wanna spend some more, Gustin's Cone Stretch is fantastic as well. They *ARE* 11.5 oz though, so that may be a dealbreaker. They don't "feel" that heavy in warmer weather though. I'm taking mine to Vegas next week for off-duty wear.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    312 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    Honestly, the old navy stretch max are pretty damn impressive at the price point.
    Seconded.

I know you said more than 2% but if you are willing I would give the new Jomers Traveler Jeans a shot if any are left in your size. They are 8oz but for a 2% they allow quite a bit of movement, more than my Bonobos travel jeans (also 2% stretch) allow.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    676 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post

If you wanna spend some more, Gustin's Cone Stretch is fantastic as well. They *ARE* 11.5 oz though, so that may be a dealbreaker. They don't "feel" that heavy in warmer weather though. I'm taking mine to Vegas next week for off-duty wear.

Are the old navy trustworthy enough to be considered lightweight and breathable?

Gustin actually has a featherweight in my size, but with no stretch. If it's greater than 10.25 oz i'd rather just go with the bonobos

Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    Seconded.

I know you said more than 2% but if you are willing I would give the new Jomers Traveler Jeans a shot if any are left in your size. They are 8oz but for a 2% they allow quite a bit of movement, more than my Bonobos travel jeans (also 2% stretch) allow.
    Aw man, I looked at those for literally hours. What dissuaded me was ultimately the minimal stretch and the lack of white weft. Makes it tough to pair those bottoms (in navy) with a navy polo up top. I really liked that midnight color tho, but it looks to be mostly blue with some gray hues...and i just couldn't see that matching much either. which color did you get? any sizing advice?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    312 Post(s)
    I actually got a pair in Olive as I believed that would be the easiest color to pair with. The size charts are pretty spot on so I would recommend comparing them to your best fitting pair and go from there. Unless you're really tall you will have to get them hemmed as they come in a 34" inseam.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Suggestions for stretch summerweight jeans?

Not sure the percent stretch.... but the gap ones have impressed me... I’ve dropped a bunch of weight and selling off a lot of my raw denim.... the Gap ones are a great fit for me and hard to argue with the price

https://www.gap.com/browse/product.d...&pid=224061002

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    I also recommend the Jomers travel denim, though they are mostly out. I have really loved the olive pair I got. At that weight, and without the white weft, they don’t scream “jeans” to me though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Second the Gap Recommendation. I have bought Levi's, Lucky Brand, Calvin Klein, 7 For all Mankind, and Old Navy. I like Gap better than all of them. oddly the Calvin Klein were actually my second favorite, but too expensive if you can't find them on deep sale.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zac10sim View Post
    Second the Gap Recommendation. I have bought Levi's, Lucky Brand, Calvin Klein, 7 For all Mankind, and Old Navy. I like Gap better than all of them. oddly the Calvin Klein were actually my second favorite, but too expensive if you can't find them on deep sale.
    +1 on the GapFlex jeans as they the most comfortable jeans I've ever owned. With the right coupon code, you can usually buy a pair for ~$40. If buying online, buy 2 pair; one in your size and another one size smaller in the waist. Keep the best fitting pair and return the other.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tact View Post
    I also recommend the Jomers travel denim, though they are mostly out. I have really loved the olive pair I got. At that weight, and without the white weft, they don’t scream “jeans” to me though.
    agreed they look and feel more like 5 pocket chinos to me. In no way bad, just not very denim-y?

I found the BR traveler is a much lighter weight than their other jeans with stretch.