Thread: Adidas Stan Smith - Amazon Prime?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Adidas Stan Smith - Amazon Prime?

This is a fairly specific ask, but anyone have any experience buying Stan Smith's via Amazon?
    They're listed for $59.99 which seems to be as good as anyone will find (per the Nordstrom price match post on the main site today).

I've been looking at the green/white color scheme: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J5ILOMG..._1E0MDbPYCXGHJ

I haven't pulled the trigger because the reviews are a mixture of anything from "These are great!" or "These don't seem quite like the ones I've bought before" to "These are plastic and fake as hell."

Joe ain't scared to point folks to Prime either, so it seems a little suspect that I don't recall ever seeing any link to pick these up from Amazon.

At this point, I'll probably just wait it out until I can find them at $60 from somewhere that doesn't seem to have a mixed bag of reviews.
    Just curious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    I got mine on amazon. The seller was Adidas. I've had no issues with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'd be skeptical about purchasing name-brand sneakers from Amazon, except in the case of the seller being the actual brand. That said, some knockoffs are really solid in quality. Some people love fakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Yeah something's a little suspect here for sure. Multiple listings for what seems like the same shoe with pricing variations even from the same seller. Gonna wait for a legit shop to mark them down. Thanks folks.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkerRiley View Post
    Yeah something's a little suspect here for sure. Multiple listings for what seems like the same shoe with pricing variations even from the same seller. Gonna wait for a legit shop to mark them down. Thanks folks.
    Isn't adidas, itself, the seller on those? At least per the link you first shared.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aps2012 View Post
    Isn't adidas, itself, the seller on those? At least per the link you first shared.
    I believe that you are right. I chose size 11 priced at $61.22 and it says "sold and shipped by Amazon." Other sellers are down below the buy box. Amazon has their faults, but counterfeit shoes are not entering their supply chain except through resellers. Should be a safe buy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
    I believe that you are right. I chose size 11 priced at $61.22 and it says "sold and shipped by Amazon." Other sellers are down below the buy box. Amazon has their faults, but counterfeit shoes are not entering their supply chain except through resellers. Should be a safe buy.
    I didn't see Adidas as a seller - just Amazon and then Legend Sports NYC (and others). It most likely would be an outlier to get some crap version of these things and still could be worth a try. The prime returns couldn't be simpler either. If I wanted them quickly, I'd probably pull the trigger.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)
    My bad phrasing - Adidas wouldn't be a 'seller ' - they are the manufacturer who would be selling to Amazon for them to re-sell. (sold and shipped by Amazon) If Amazon themselves has something straight from the manufacturer, odds are infinitesimal that it's counterfeit goods.

Anyway, it's a moot point because from the main dappered page we see that Nordstrom has these for $60.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    My bad phrasing - Adidas wouldn't be a 'seller ' - they are the manufacturer who would be selling to Amazon for them to re-sell. (sold and shipped by Amazon) If Amazon themselves has something straight from the manufacturer, odds are infinitesimal that it's counterfeit goods.

Anyway, it's a moot point because from the main dappered page we see that Nordstrom has these for $60.
    Yep - saw this today too. Problem solved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerRiley View Post
    Yep - saw this today too. Problem solved.
    Having actually purchased Stan Smith's from Adidas on Amazon, I can confidently state that this was never a problem for me.