Thread: AE "Worn and Refinished"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

AE "Worn and Refinished"

I was at the local Nordstrom Rack today and saw a pair of black Park Avenues that were "worn and refinished" for $112. The soles were painted black (to cover up sole wear I assume). Other than that, they were in perfect condition. In the past, I've seen a few pairs of these worn and refinished Wolverine 1K boots there as well. Do any of you guys have any experience with anything like this or any thoughts? Seems like a killer price for the obligatory black cap toe oxford.

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/OxqC7

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    198 Post(s)
    Those look like they might have just been tried on in the store, as opposed to walked on pavement with. Some minor creasing on the right shoe, but that would happen the first time you wore them out anyways. If I saw this deal I'd probably buy a pair if they had my size.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quoted
    501 Post(s)
    Looks like you got yourself a great deal!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Looks like you got yourself a great deal!
    I believe all red tags at NR are clearance. They started an extra 25% clearance today, so one more day and they'd have been $84!

I'm still on the fence about them though. I have an identically-styled (though inferior quality) shoe for the few times I need a formal black oxford. These are also size 10 and are just a little cramped in the toe. Should probably be a half-size larger. But I grabbed them while I could and figured I'd decide later.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    That seems like a pretty good deal. I"ve seen used AEs in worse shape go for more.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    459 Post(s)
    I love a good deal but just cannot get behind used shoes. Seen AES at my local Nordstrom rack but not used. Marked up or 2nd quality I am all good for but just something about where someone else’s foot has been sweating etc.

Does that not concern you all? Do you disinfect or clean thoroughly before wearing/ does AE when refinishing etc?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quoted
    501 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burner View Post
    I believe all red tags at NR are clearance. They started an extra 25% clearance today, so one more day and they'd have been $84!

I'm still on the fence about them though. I have an identically-styled (though inferior quality) shoe for the few times I need a formal black oxford. These are also size 10 and are just a little cramped in the toe. Should probably be a half-size larger. But I grabbed them while I could and figured I'd decide later.
    If they don't fit, that's not such a great deal. Cramped length-ways is harder to stretch, I think. I have my own kit and it works pretty good for getting more width across my toes, but not so much on length.