Thread: Spier & Mackay Suit Fit Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Spier & Mackay Suit Fit Question

Looking to try either a charcoal or navy Spier & Mackay suit for job interviews; however, a little unsure of whether to try the slim or contemporary size.

I currently have both a 42 Ludlow and a 42 Crosby Jcrew blazer. My weight has fluctuated quite a bit over the last few years but can wear both comfortably, but at the moment the Ludlow fits a little better. As for shirts, usually wear either Nordstrom trim fit 16 34/35 or Spier & Mackay contemporary 16 35.

As for my chicken legs, 34x30 770 chinos from JCrew are definitely the best fitting pants that I am aware of at least for me.

I know that I would likely have to try and switch out the pants from 36 waist to 34 but other than that I am just trying to decide between the slim and contemporary fit. Spending $300 is a bit of a nerve racking experience for me, especially when it involves shipping something from Canada. Any advice would be appreciated.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    First off I would like to wish you luck on the interviews!

Honestly if you can afford to float the money while you decide I would just recommend ordering both fits in 42 and just asking that they swap your contemporary trousers out for a slim 34 or 36. First suit return is free so once you try them on you should know which works better for you. If you can't do that then I would say to try the Contemporary first and if it's too big exchange for Slim.

I would also recommend paying for your order with PayPal. That way if for whatever reason S&M won't cover the return you can have PayPal cover it instead.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    S&M may be able to advise you especially if you're familiar with how their shirts fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Thanks for all the feedback.