Thread: Swimsuit Recommendation

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Swimsuit Recommendation

I felt like I would start what seems to be an annual thread. Who has swim suit recommendations? I want something above the knee but not overly short.

On a related note, Bird Dogs advertises that their gym shorts can be used as a swim suit as well. I am thinking about picking up some Bird Dogs for gym purposes. Are they really able to pull double duty?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    127 Post(s)
    I have a pair of all-black Birddogs. Between the inside liner and how quickly they wick water, I definitely think they could be used as a swimsuit. However, I haven't tried it yet.

My swimsuit is from Onia. It seems to be really well made, better than standard cheap suits, but not quite hyper premium brands like Orlebar Brown.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)
    I love the one I bought from Jomer’s last summer.
    Donít call what your wearing an outfit. Donít ever say your car is broke.
    Donít sing with a fake British accent. Donít act like your familyís a joke.
    --Jason Isbell

Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1736 Post(s)
    Sundek is one of my favorites. They are overpriced at MSRP but you can find them discounted from Gilt.com and the like. They do run a bit small.

Suitsupply seems like a good one to try if you like the Orlebar Brown style but don’t want to pay $200+. Personally, my butt is so big and my waist so comparatively small that I’ve found I need an elasticized waist, so the trouser style swimsuits like OB don’t really work for me. Sundek sells both elastic and fixed waist styles which is one of the reasons I like them.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    146 Post(s)
    I once wore gym shorts with a built in liner to the beach and I won't be doing that again. Mine are from Lululemon but I assume they're similar to Birddogs. Once sand gets in there, there's nowhere for it to go. It ends up gathering in spots you really don't want sand and it chafes something fierce. Swim suits have mesh linings for a reason.