Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Suede Loafers...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Todd Synder sometimes carries a Grenson loafer in suede -- I have a pair in blue suede and really enjoy them. They're a nice middle ground between a super dressy loafer and a super casual one.

https://dappered.com/2018/01/todd-sn...-one-day-sale/

Looks like Joe featured them a little while ago, so a bit above your price... sorry already typed this so I'll post it just in case.
    Those look great, but smallest is a US10, and currently a touch spendy. Will keep an eye on them.
    Donít call what your wearing an outfit. Donít ever say your car is broke.
    Donít sing with a fake British accent. Donít act like your familyís a joke.
    --Jason Isbell

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    Sadly, no 9.5B available in those right now.
    Bummer. Sorry.
    instagram.com/cutandbasted
    cutandbasted.tumblr.com

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pacificsands View Post
    Had the very same question last year and spent some time looking. You mention the Meermin model, which seems like a great choice in this price range, but I was hesitant at the time (the Meermin New York store hadn't yet opened, so I had sizing concerns).

They don't get a ton of play here for some reason, but went with an offering from Velasca (which gives 10% off on your first purchase) and have been really impressed with quality, durability, and comfort after about seven months of regular wear now.

https://www.velasca.com/collections/...ucts/polliroeu
    My concern with these would be sizing...they seem to only be standard width, and I'd worry about heel slip/fit with a slip on. Nice looking and priced right though.
    Donít call what your wearing an outfit. Donít ever say your car is broke.
    Donít sing with a fake British accent. Donít act like your familyís a joke.
    --Jason Isbell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    My concern with these would be sizing...they seem to only be standard width, and I'd worry about heel slip/fit with a slip on. Nice looking and priced right though.

Contrary to what seems to be the general experience, sizing always seems tricky to me with welted shoes. After some correspondence with the company, it seemed like these are on a narrower last than some of their shoes, but admittedly not with a formal narrower width indicator. OTOH, free shipping and free returns. Needed that myself to go a half size down from usual.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    I was looking for a tobacco suede loafer last spring and never found a pair that ticked all my boxes. Looking for something almost exactly like Bill, but I need slightly wide shoes. And snuff is a bit darker than I'd prefer, depending on the maker.

Of course Alden has a pair that looks great, but I want to stay under 200 bucks as well. I considered Velasca, but they only offer a lighter shade of brown in the tassel loafers. Meermin's polo and snuff suedes would work, so that might be the way to go.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)
    Well, after a couple of months of on-line searching, waiting for Meermin to get my size back in stock in polo (still hasnít happened), trying on multiple brands and pairs that didnít fit in the heel (all too wide) in store, buying and returning two pairs that didnít fit from the Nordstrom anniversary sale, I ended up with the Sea Islands from Allen Edmonds in Acorn.

These seem to run narrow, so the 9.5D is a great fit, the color is perfect, and the style is 80-90% of what I was looking for. The suede is also aces.

Seconds are at $195 on shoebank right now, but I went with firsts at the Fatherís Day Sale $225 price. Iím happy with them at that price and expect them to see a lot of wear this summer.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    226 Post(s)
    Well, after a couple of months of on-line searching, waiting for Meermin to get my size back in stock in polo (still hasn’t happened), trying on multiple brands and pairs that didn’t fit in the heel (all too wide) in store, buying and returning two pairs that didn’t fit from the Nordstrom anniversary sale, I ended up with the Sea Islands from Allen Edmonds in Acorn.

These seem to run narrow, so the 9.5D is a great fit, the color is perfect, and the style is 80-90% of what I was looking for. The suede is also aces.

Seconds are at $195 on shoebank right now, but I went with firsts at the Father’s Day Sale $225 price. I’m happy with them at that price and expect them to see a lot of wear this summer.
    You are a patient man. But your patience was rewarded.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    312 Post(s)
    Well, after a couple of months of on-line searching, waiting for Meermin to get my size back in stock in polo (still hasnít happened), trying on multiple brands and pairs that didnít fit in the heel (all too wide) in store, buying and returning two pairs that didnít fit from the Nordstrom anniversary sale, I ended up with the Sea Islands from Allen Edmonds in Acorn.

Seconds are at $195 on shoebank right now, but I went with firsts at the Fatherís Day Sale $225 price. Iím happy with them at that price and expect them to see a lot of wear this summer.
    Acorn? I don't see that color anywhere. Glad you found something though! Pics would be much appreciated too!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    Acorn? I don't see that color anywhere. Glad you found something though! Pics would be much appreciated too!
    Weird. Box said Acorn. Looks like theyíre tan on the A&E site.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    I know you already found a pair, but another I was looking into are: https://jaybutler.com/collections/me...iant=860061549

Haven't pulled the trigger yet though, since I ended up going for these during Cole Haan's recent 40% off sale: Men's Pinch Grand Casual Penny Loafer. Not worth the msrp of $200, but for ~$85, they are worth it.