Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for Suede Loafers...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 77Pat View Post
    I know you already found a pair, but another I was looking into are: https://jaybutler.com/collections/me...iant=860061549

Haven't pulled the trigger yet though, since I ended up going for these during Cole Haan's recent 40% off sale: Men's Pinch Grand Casual Penny Loafer. Not worth the msrp of $200, but for ~$85, they are worth it.
    The Cole Hahn was one of the pairs I sent back to Nordstrom. Too much heel slip.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)
    Pictures of the Sea Island

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I'm on the same search. Any irritation around the heel or toes on the Sea Island? The number of reviews complaining about the 3/4 insole concerns me.
    Last edited by Skinsfan; June 12th, 2018 at 09:34 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinsfan View Post
    I'm on the same search. Any irritation around the heel or toes on the Sea Island? The number of reviews complaining about the 3/4 insole concerns me.
    So far, so good. First wear had a little heel irritation, but a bandaid handled it. Comfortable as hell today.

I would try them on in store if you can. Most of my AE shoes are B width; these are D width and they fit. The last on these is apparently not for everyone. They also stretch a bit.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinsfan View Post
    The insole on one of my 2 pairs curled up and was irritating for a day. I simply super glued it down and solved the problem. Hasnít been an issue since.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    Pictures of the Sea Island

Funny i go back to this post tonight. I tried these on at the store today and they feel like heaven on your feet. Trying to decide if i will buy them or not. I have 3 pairs of casual sneakers, a pair of boat shoes and dress loafers. I kinda need a casual suede loafer in the collection but have been wanting a pair of double monks way more. The issue is that these are 225 and dbl monks i am eyeing are 400 -450. The only negative for these right now is that they are not re-soleable. The meermin are blake stitched but they are 325 i think. *sigh* decisions.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neminat View Post
    Funny i go back to this post tonight. I tried these on at the store today and they feel like heaven on your feet. Trying to decide if i will buy them or not. I have 3 pairs of casual sneakers, a pair of boat shoes and dress loafers. I kinda need a casual suede loafer in the collection but have been wanting a pair of double monks way more. The issue is that these are 225 and dbl monks i am eyeing are 400 -450. The only negative for these right now is that they are not re-soleable. The meermin are blake stitched but they are 325 i think. *sigh* decisions.
    I didnít realize that The Sea Islands arenít recraftable until just now ...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    I didn’t realize that The Sea Islands aren’t recraftable until just now ...
    well, after last night they seem like they are.... but AE wont do it, which is more than fine with me. They are blake stitched apparently and should be re-craftable by a local cobbler.