Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)

BR Niklas Sneaker price increase

From $118 to $128
    http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=166850002

With their rare-but-expected 50% off sale, you can get it for $64, $76.8 with more frequent 40% off sale

1) At that price point, how good of a value is it?

2) How versatile do you guys think this shoe is, with your usual dark wash jeans, khaki chinos, etc?

Varsity Member jharrisonbarrett's Avatar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mochi123 View Post
    From $118 to $128
    http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=166850002

With their rare-but-expected 50% off sale, you can get it for $64, $76.8 with more frequent 40% off sale

1) At that price point, how good of a value is it?

2) How versatile do you guys think this shoe is, with your usual dark wash jeans, khaki chinos, etc?
    I bought them during Christmas break and wore them around the house. I ended up returning them. To me, there was something a little off about it. On my feet, they looked a little bulky. At least for my taste. They may work out well for you but something I couldn't put my finger on was off. If you're looking for alternatives, Greats seem to fit that bill. Beckett Simonon offers an all-white version without the gum sole. I've got a pair of Stan Smiths with a gum sole that I really like but the J.Crew New Balance sneaker with a gum sole might be the most comfortable shoe of this type that I own. The Stan Smith and the New Balance might fit the bill better for you value wise in terms of price, quality and looks.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    146 Post(s)
    I think they're just as versatile as an all white sneaker and the gum sole adds a little more character which is a nice break from the norm. That said I would pass on those BR sneakers. I felt them in stores and didn't bother to try them on. They just felt way to cheap for the MSRP or even at 50% off. I would stick with something from an actual sneaker or shoe company. I'll second all of the recommendations from @jharrisonbarrett. Greats are awesome for the price but they're expensive. The J.Crew New Balance collaboration are a much better alternative and if you can find the Stan Smiths with the gum sole, I'd get those in a heartbeat. Another option is the Johnson & Murphy sneaker at Nordstrom that Joe's written about a few times.

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/jm-1850...0Navigation-_-
    Last edited by Geo; February 24th, 2018 at 06:53 PM.