Thread: Spier Mackay Size 48

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Spier Mackay Size 48

Is Spier and Mackay out of the size 48 market? I got a 46 and it was too tight a few months back and had to send it back, but a 48 would probably do. Just saw the pre-order stock on blazers and no size 48. Bummed given the hype of the brand.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quoted
    301 Post(s)
    I see this complaint a lot over on Styleforum asking for 46L and anything in 48. Rick has addressed it a number of times over there and it just comes down to minimums for factory orders. Basically they just don't sell enough of them to justify putting in an order due to minimum for factory orders being beyond what they need. Hell, today he said that their 46L only had 36% sell through... that's a huge hit to your margins when trying to grow a small company and stay profitable.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    I see this complaint a lot over on Styleforum asking for 46L and anything in 48. Rick has addressed it a number of times over there and it just comes down to minimums for factory orders. Basically they just don't sell enough of them to justify putting in an order due to minimum for factory orders being beyond what they need. Hell, today he said that their 46L only had 36% sell through... that's a huge hit to your margins when trying to grow a small company and stay profitable.
    If they'd just put the darn 46L hopsack navy blazer on sale then...