Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring/Fall Jacket

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    452 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmicg View Post
    It's be nice to find something that could pull double duty - nice enough to wear to work, but causal enough to wear out with friends or on date night. Seems like popular opinion dictates that this should be that shinny, quilted style jacket that's so popular now, but I HATE the way they look. Any suggestions?
    Shiny outerwear is extremely casual, so I wouldn’t consider it “nice enough to wear to work” unless your work is also very casual. I also personally hate the look.

Harrington or bomber is a good way to go. Field jacket could be nice, though also quite casual most of the time because they tend to be made in weathered fabrics. You might also consider a lightweight leather jacket in whatever style you prefer.

I do not care for Barbour’s oiled outerwear. It doesn’t breathe and I found the oiliness off-putting and unpleasant to touch. If you don’t mind the feel and you don’t sweat, it could work.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    How about a tweed sport coat? Easy to dress up or down.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpark View Post
    . You might also consider a lightweight leather jacket in whatever style you prefer. . .
    I forgot to mention I have one of these as well. Don't wear it much in summer nights here, but it does have a cotton lining which helps me not feel so sweaty

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    452 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dun View Post
    I forgot to mention I have one of these as well. Don't wear it much in summer nights here, but it does have a cotton lining which helps me not feel so sweaty
    My leather jacket is my go-to for chilly spring/fall days that are dry. Mine is pretty light, cotton lined through the body, and I just really like the style.

Lately I've been wearing my Adze Hybrid a lot. It's warm enough for a lot of days (especially with appropriate layers underneath), dry enough for drizzles, extremely comfortable, and reasonable looking. I only wish it was Navy instead of black. It's not as "nice" looking as some of my other outerwear but wins on functionality. It's often the only jacket I bring when I travel.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    871 Post(s)
    I have a quilted bomber and a harrington that I use. Also a decent cardigan can fill this roll. If you can do the retro-cool thing grab yourself a members only jacket. Its the low-key "Stranger Things" shout out.