Thread: Sid Mashburn Camp Moccasin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Sid Mashburn Camp Moccasin

I've been eyeing some camp moccasins lately and came upon these. I'd hoped someone had some experience with buying these. Particularly with knowledge of sizing, quality, etc.

http://www.sidmashburn.com/shop/shoe...-moccasin.html

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    not sure about these, but you can get the allen edmond northlands for around the same price and they are nice

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by evanszl456 View Post
    I've been eyeing some camp moccasins lately and came upon these. I'd hoped someone had some experience with buying these. Particularly with knowledge of sizing, quality, etc.

http://www.sidmashburn.com/shop/shoe...-moccasin.html
    I’m looking for new camp Mocs for summer too. I like how these are minimal, pared back looking but still look true to the original. I wonder who/where these are made.

Let me know what you end up buying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    There weren't many left in stock so I went ahead and bought a pair from Sid Mashburn in 10.5. They are made in Portugal but who knows about the leather quality or longevity of the construction. I should have them by the end of the week so I'll post some pictures and impressions on quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    There weren't many left in stock so I went ahead and bought a pair from Sid Mashburn in 10.5. They are made in Portugal but who knows about the leather quality or longevity of the construction. I should have them by the end of the week so I'll post some pictures and impressions on quality.
    Would love to get your feedback. Living in Atlanta, Sid Mashburn is *the guy* when it comes to high-end clothier. I know several people who spend thousands with him, and swear by anything Sid Mashburn

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    If Sid carries them, they will be good quality. He doesn't carry anything that isn't top quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Sorry it took so long for the reply. I received the Sid Mashburn camp mocs a while ago, but I've been waiting on some Eastland Yarmouth Made in Maine camp mocs to come in so I could compare them.

Pics: https://imgur.com/gallery/hS8aB

First off, the Sid Mashburns are very nice for their price point. They are a huge step up from L.L. Bean and Eastland's main line. The leather is ~1/4" thick and stiff (not plastic-like.) To my untrained eye, I do not see any quality control problems and the construction seems to be a true moccasin construction. Now, as far as fit goes, they are pretty snug around my toes. I'm an 11 B Brannock so they are a half size down, however in the Eastlands my heel is slipping quite a bit with no socks. Unfortunately, I bought the Eastlands off of Gilt and could only get an 11. I'm hoping the Sid Mashburns will stretch some and they'll be just right.

The Eastlands are probably my favorite of the two, if they would only be a little more snug. The Chromexel is so soft and hugs my feet, while still being just as thick as the Sid Mashburns. To be fair though, the MSRP on them is north of $300, so you get what you pay for obviously.

So I am currently at an impass on whether or not to keep the Sid Mashburns due to fit and the fact that I will be wanting some Chromexel shoes in the future.