Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AE Higgins Mill boots

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Why oh why did I click on this thread. Now I need to see if AE has any of these boots on sale as part of Black Friday...
    Now with the Cyber Monday code, Higgins Mill is down to $250 for firsts. So tempted.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    306 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gochrisgo View Post
    Now with the Cyber Monday code, Higgins Mill is down to $250 for firsts. So tempted.
    Go for it! It's a deal.
    Intentionally overdressed for almost every occasion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Seconds are around $180!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    I went for them at $250.

The only have the seconds in my size that camo print. SMH that AE makes camo print shoes now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Can anybody compare the Higgins Mill to Thursday Captain? Especially in regards to profile, comfort, and quality? Obviously Thursday is not Chromexcel but are cheaper. I'm just wondering how different the quality really is if we're talking a good AE seconds Higgins Mill in brown.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    268 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by metallica81788 View Post
    Can anybody compare the Higgins Mill to Thursday Captain? Especially in regards to profile, comfort, and quality? Obviously Thursday is not Chromexcel but are cheaper. I'm just wondering how different the quality really is if we're talking a good AE seconds Higgins Mill in brown.
    Thursday Boots used a chrome tanned leather. Chromexcel is a specific term for a process. Kind of like all Kleenex are tissues, but not all tissues are Kleenex. A more direct comparison to the Higgins Mill is Thursday's Vanguard plain toe boot in espresso chrome leather. I got that boot a few weeks ago. I really like it terms of color and comfort. The leather feels good and sturdy. The sole is very similar to Dainite and I like the leather laces. My only knock is the creasing at the vamp on the right boot. I think it's a bit of loose grain because the other boot doesn't show the same degree of creasing.

If you want to stay at $200, Thursday's president boot is the most similar to the Higgins Mill boot. I haven't tried either, but I've seen the Higgins Mill in person. It's a good looking boot. I'm happy with my Thursday purchase though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I have the Higgins Mill in natural and am very happy with them, although I bought them before AE changed ownership. I got them a half size down but I do have narrow feet. For normal feet I would say they are true to size. My issue is what to pair them with. For those that own them in natural, what are you liking to wear them with?

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quoted
    449 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FitFirst View Post
    I have the Higgins Mill in natural and am very happy with them, although I bought them before AE changed ownership. I got them a half size down but I do have narrow feet. For normal feet I would say they are true to size. My issue is what to pair them with. For those that own them in natural, what are you liking to wear them with?
    How is your issue what to pair them with? They are wearable with pretty much everything but a suit, and maybe the most conservative wool pants. Some even might argue that you can wear a suit with them. That is one of their allures.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    268 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FitFirst View Post
    As far as color goes, natural is a neutral, it'll pair with almost anything as far as color goes. I've paired natural leather boots (not Higgins Mill) with jeans and chinos in multiple colors. Dark blue, blue, burgundy, olive, dark brown; pretty much anything besides tan colored pants.

In terms of style, @Shade has the right idea. Good for more casual wear, but the plain toe allows them to be dressed up some.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)
    higgins boots in real life:
    https://imgur.com/a/8km7eVG