3 Post(s)

AE Higgins Mill boots

Anyone own the Higgins Mill boot by AE? Thoughts? In particular the fit

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Got a pair in natural about a year ago and love them! They are the perfect balance between casual and “a little nicer” of a boot. I wear a size 15 in their other shoes, but have a 14 in Higgins mill and it fits great, with plenty of room.

I’d definitely recommend them, and I also like the brown ones as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got them in brown and they look really good. Can't wear them with a suit but with casual clothes you look a lot more put together with them on since they exude quality without being stuffy. They do tend to look awkwardly...wide from the view looking down but look good and pretty sleek from the profile view. Felt a little stiff to begin with but after about 10 wears the chromexcel leather has softened up and feels like butter now.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    I've got a pair in brown. Some of the most comfortable boots I've worn, and they are very versatile as far as pairings. I might get a pair in natty as well if I see them for the right price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I have in pair in black, in my normal shoe size. Room for a medium weight sock, and they fit well. Versatile to wear, and good quality leather, as others have said. Quite nice looking and the Dainite rubber soles work in snow or rain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    I own a pair in brown, bought recently on ebay. They are my most favourite pair of AEs at this point (own a black Mcallister, black Fifth ave, walnut Strand). Extremely comfortable and looks well put together in your casual attire. Just as kylestyle mentioned above, they look a bit wider than normal from top view (I thought it was just me). I wear a 9D in all my other AEs and bought the same on this. The shoe itself looks much longer than the 9Ds I own in their 5th last, but fits me perfectly. Initially I thought I should have bought an 8.5, but now I think 9 is the best fit for me.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)
    I don't own a pair, but I have a friend/coworker that does and I catch myself admiring them whenever he wears them. He says he wasn't really much of a boot guy before getting them, and now they're his favorite pair of shoes. If I was in the market for a new pair of boots (1000 Miles are still treating me well), they'd be near the top of the list for sure.
    Last edited by Deke; January 26th, 2018 at 10:33 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)
    I love mine. I took my normal brannock size (11 B) after spending about an hour in store getting fitted, talking about other sizing issues i’d has with previous shoes. The result is one of the best fitting pair of boots I’ve owned. Tough, good looking and versatile. I would agree with the other poster about wearing them with a suit. Probably gonna be hard to pull off even in a flannel or tweed number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    In the black color, nicely shined, I've worn mine with dark gray wool dress pants and a herringbone blazer. The combination seemed to work fine. There was snow on the ground so the boots looked very appropriate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    I am wearing mine today with dark denim trousers and a tweed blazer. As Alex mentioned, until the AE Higgins I never owned a boot. Now I am wondering why.
    Last edited by TheManJournals; January 26th, 2018 at 03:08 PM.