Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AE Higgins Mill boots

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1838 Post(s)
    I own the Higgins Mill in brown. They fit basically true to size IME. I am normally a 7.5D or 8D, I have these in 8D and they work best with thick socks.

I would not wear them with a suit but I wear mine with chinos/odd jacket and, more rarely, flannel trousers/odd jacket and think they look fine.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I own the Higgins Mill in brown. They fit basically true to size IME. I am normally a 7.5D or 8D, I have these in 8D and they work best with thick socks.

I would not wear them with a suit but I wear mine with chinos/odd jacket and, more rarely, flannel trousers/odd jacket and think they look fine.

I've been wearing them the same way. Usually with chinos/jeans with ocbd/sweater and jacket. Occasionally with trousers as well. They can be dressed up or dressed down.

I wasn't a boot guy before these (these were my first pair, also bought a pair of j crew pacer pair at the same time which i love), but I love them and can wear them with almost anything.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Very nice looking work boots, but I rarely wear as sneakers are just so much easier to throw on. I wear a size 11 in the Oak Street Blucher, 12 in Nike sneakers, and bought these in an 11 and they fit very well. I wish Allen Edmonds new Surrey Chukka boots fit similar to this-websites lists the lasts as being the same but I tried them in an 11 and the heel fits noticeable different(looser). I think it may have to do with unlined outers on the Surrey. Disappointing as they are very attractive chukkas otherwise.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Are you guys still happy with your Higgins Mill boots? Iím looking for boots I can wear for winter weekends and maybe the occasional snowy day to the office.

Do you wear your Higgins Mill boots in your usual AE size in these or smaller? I like to wear thick wool socks with boots so thinking about getting my same size.

Do they look good and wear well without too much care?

Iím thinking Iíd try to find the Chromexcel over the other leather option does that seem right?

Iím disappointed with the flimsy direction of the new AE. Do you think that new AE has messed with the recipe of these at all or would new ones likely be the same as the rave reviews from when these came out?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    I love mine. I will 100% buy another pair when I see a good deal. I wear a 9E in AE dress shoes. That's the size I chose for my Higgins Mill, but I think I would have been fine in a 9D.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Martigan View Post
    I love mine. I will 100% buy another pair when I see a good deal. I wear a 9E in AE dress shoes. That's the size I chose for my Higgins Mill, but I think I would have been fine in a 9D.
    Cool, do you have the Chromexcel version?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Love my pair and Iím sure you will too if it comes defect free, which my recent experience with AE indicates decline in quality construction and QC. Iíve spent over $6k over the last 10 years on AE shoes and boots ($1K this year alone) and I had to exchange my Dalton cordovan and Normandy boots 2-3 times to get one that is defect free (misaligned eyelets, deep scratches on leather, left boot larger than the right, believe me when I say itís bad). Their customer service also is now terrible to the point that their best offer to me is to return the boots and not buy them again (yes I spoke with a manager, and she told me they no longer offer exchanges or honor sale prices on new orders from returns) the value is no longer there at full price so I suggest waiting until itís around $250 before pulling the trigger.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gochrisgo View Post
    Cool, do you have the Chromexcel version?
    Yes, I have the chromexcel in brown.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1156 Post(s)
    Why oh why did I click on this thread. Now I need to see if AE has any of these boots on sale as part of Black Friday...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Why oh why did I click on this thread. Now I need to see if AE has any of these boots on sale as part of Black Friday...
    Hahah they are part of the sale. I keep wondering about them too. I already have Alden Indy boots and trying to decide how similar these are.