Thread: Meermin Announcement

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    246 Post(s)

Meermin Announcement

Idk if this has been discussed before, but I just got this email from Meermin:

Looks like with the arrival of their New York store, they’re going to allow customers who buy their shoes online to save some cash on returns by sending their shoes back to New York instead.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    888 Post(s)
    Looks like another reason for me to buy more shoes I don't really need Will have to go check out the NYC store at some point.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quoted
    297 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Looks like another reason for me to buy more shoes I don't really need Will have to go check out the NYC store at some point.
    US Returns are HUGE. Now I have to take a serious look at my clothing budget for the year....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Has anyone been to the NYC store yet? Maybe someone can report on a visit there.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quoted
    269 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by koltrane View Post
    Has anyone been to the NYC store yet? Maybe someone can report on a visit there.
    I plan on going this weekend. I'll post a report.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quoted
    269 Post(s)
    I stopped by on Saturday. It's a very simple (yet elegant) setup on the second floor of the building immediately behind the Apple Store in Soho. There's no signage apart from the buzzer, so you need to know where you're going. It's more of a pop-up than a flagship, but typical for newer companies in an expensive part of town and it's wise for them to start slowly.

The staff was very attentive and seemed knowledgeable. As I don't own any of their shoes, I can't attest to their quality. The price point is very reasonable. The styling is pretty standard, if slightly more sculpted than American lasts.

It's a welcome addition to the city. If Carmina comes to town, then I'll be in trouble.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    @theplayerking

Thanks for the photos and review, they're very helpful. Looks like they have a lot of selection and sizes. I think the eventual free shipping and returns will go a long way towards getting new customers who have been turned off by the hassle of international shipping. Also Carmina has been open in NYC for a few months, they have a very nice location.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    I must say, nice choices for furniture though. I may have to pop in next time I'm in the city for work.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    How are the prices compared to the Website?

I'm looking at Black Calf shoes that are $175 and the cheapest shipping option is $35 for a total of $210.