Who is peripatetic
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    385 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    minimal is relative. if you have a job that requires suits every day, 5 suits can be considered minimal. even in that case, you can argue 10-15 suits being minimal depending seasons, etc.
    I am suggesting that minimalism is radical lifestyle choice, a true ascetic would quit his job.

I don't actually advocate being minimalist, but even with 5 suits you can have more than someone with the same job, but who isn't even trying to be minimalist.

Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    ...he said he was in the former category. I.e. aesthetic minimalism. Not ascetic.
    You are absolutely correct.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    minimal is relative. if you have a job that requires suits every day, 5 suits can be considered minimal. even in that case, you can argue 10-15 suits being minimal depending seasons, etc.
    I used to be an ultra-minimalist...I had a job where I wore a suit every day and I only owned one navy suit and one grey suit, regardless of the season. On Fridays I might have worn the one sportcoat I owned at the time.

I no longer wear a suit to work, but I am around people that do. I guarantee you that most of these guys don't even have 5 suits.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    Didn’t the $1500 wardrobe on the main page tackle this well? I think you could survive on that wardrobe if you really wanted to or had to do so. However, most of us can afford more, so we keep buying.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I would take a long, hard look at my clothes, and will realize that I probably don't wear almost half of stuff in my wardrobe.