Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Main Site Content

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Keep talking. You’re only sounding more and more rational.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quoted
    856 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JT10000 View Post
    OK, so presumably you've not seen people who look like you in marketing, and have seen stereotypes of hispanics in marketing (like the stereotypical one black guy in that catalog) and STILL don't care, and not only don't care but feel you should mock someone complaining about it? We should just shut up and take it like you have. Dang. You got me on the racial privilege (assuming you appear hispanic or generally let people know about your heritages). Your message is still quite offensive: black guy, please don't talk about race.

Sarcasm that somehow relates to the topic at hand is one thing. Pulling in a feminist movement just for the heck of it? Why is that even on your mind as something to use in a joke?
    Quote Originally Posted by mFriedman View Post
    Keep talking. You’re only sounding more and more rational.
    Can y'all stop? Take this to PMs if you want to bicker about and old topic that was locked.

To get this back on topic, I read the main sites content this week. How many times can Joe write about a J Crew sale before he goes insane?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    136 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronB View Post
    Joe still owns and runs the site, right? I mean, I know he has a team that works with him, but he didn't offload the site to someone else and I missed it, did he?
    I'm pretty sure he still does. Maybe I'm misreading the quote, but I believe he's just saying that him and 2-3 others have been (and still are) running the site as they have been for the last decade with a few people rotating in and out occasionally (e.g. Beth with the "Ask a Woman" posts).

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    452 Post(s)
    Not too quick on the uptake with sarcasm,are you?
    That’s not sarcasm. That’s pointlessly mocking women who’ve spoken out against sexual assault.

It’s also trolling. You clearly have such poor taste that you dropped that in just to get a rise out of JT10000.

Again, you sound like a blast to talk with at parties.
    More trolling. You’re being aggressively unpleasant for no reason.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    135 Post(s)
    I think this thread should have been shut down after the first post. It was rude. And it keeps getting worse.

A well-dressed donkey is still a donkey.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quoted
    888 Post(s)
    Closing this down. While it's fine to be critical of the main site content in a constructive manner, it seems we can't even stay on that topic.