Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Jacket with Trim/Patches

  1. #1
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    259
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

    Jacket with Trim/Patches

    https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/...r/917864?ppv=2

    I'm looking for something similar to the jacket from Kingsman, but a little lighter on the wallet. I'm thinking more in the range of half that price or less. I've struck out at my normal haunts: Bonobos, J Crew, and BR. I prefer a slim fit. For reference, I wear a 40L in slim (or Ludlow or whatever) at those stores, with Bonobos fitting the best. I really like this color, but I'd also be interested in navy. Any suggestions?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    505
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)
    It's not a perfect fit, but have you looked at tweed shooting jackets?

  3. #3
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    259
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    It's not a perfect fit, but have you looked at tweed shooting jackets?
    I've seen some here and there that I like. Most are more outdoorsy than what I am looking for (as they are intended). And most are boxy and would require a lot of tailoring. I've yet to find a slim fit shooting jacket.

  4. #4
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    110
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Where the hell would you even wear something like that?

  5. #5
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    259
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MIS997 View Post
    Where the hell would you even wear something like that?
    I live in Texas. I could pull it off at the occasional party or Friday night dinner. I already rock the cowboy boots most days. This would look good with my Caimans.

  6. #6
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    110
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    I live in Texas. I could pull it off at the occasional party or Friday night dinner. I already rock the cowboy boots most days. This would look good with my Caimans.
    I live in Texas, too, and that thing is ridiculous, but maybe check Pinto Ranch or another western store?

  7. #7
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    980
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)
    That's a $1600 version of a Pendleton "Western" Blazer from 1985. Pendleton pushed those and the tartan blazers when they were expanding their retail stores.

    Like this listing

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pendleton-B...r/292010533019
    Last edited by ianr; January 13th, 2018 at 11:22 PM.

  8. #8
    Varsity Member Vic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    373
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    92 Post(s)
    Have you looked what Orvis has to offer? They have a couple of tweed sports jackets that look nice, are priced at 1/4-1/3 the price of that offering, and are backed by a solid return policy. They don't have the leather trim however, if that's what you're looking for.

    -Vic
    "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

  9. #9
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    259
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    Have you looked what Orvis has to offer? They have a couple of tweed sports jackets that look nice, are priced at 1/4-1/3 the price of that offering, and are backed by a solid return policy. They don't have the leather trim however, if that's what you're looking for.

    -Vic
    I have not. I'll take a look. Thanks for the suggestion.

    Quote Originally Posted by ianr View Post
    That's a $1600 version of a Pendleton "Western" Blazer from 1985. Pendleton pushed those and the tartan blazers when they were expanding their retail stores.

    Like this listing

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pendleton-B...r/292010533019
    Nice find, thank you. It looks like it would need to be tailored a good bit, but at that price, it might be worth it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •