Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Writing Sticks

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)
    https://www.gerbergear.com/Equipment...-Pen_31-001880

Gerber Impromptu Tactical Pen. It's sturdy, writes in the rain, and breaks glass. I carry it every day right next to my pocket knife. If I have to fly without checked luggage or go into court or something, I have a ton of ballpoint pens scattered around my home, office, briefcase, and probably in the pocket of every suit jacket and sports coat I own.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Gosh, fountain pens, and other pens... We could go on for days! I got my first FP @ 13 years old.. a Waterman Phileas, which I still have.
    Starting my professional career (engineer) I got a Lamy Logo as an "every day" pen.. Not fancy but it's sleek, and reliable.
    I was impressioned by my dad who for as long as I could remember had a "click" type Parker sterling silver checkered pen. Part of the original 75 collection. Since that's what my dad carried that was my archetypal image of a "nice pen". I asked a few years ago for the equivalent modern Parker FP for Christmas... and was dearly surprised to not receive that.. but instead my dad tracked down the full matched set of original 75 so I have early 70s vintage FP, click pen, and pencil! That remains my only real "high end" pen.

I also have a monteVerde FP.

Recently I stumbled across a 14k gold filled Cross classic twist pen. It dates to the 60's and thus is still USA made. It was at a local consignment shop including original case, instructions etc for a very reasonable $20 (New Chinese made ones are ~$100 on Amazon). Sadly I didn't really want to spend $20 on it, but the store owner asked me what I'd give for it, as it had been there for a long time. Took it home for $10.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    866 Post(s)
    Well, I have gone back to carrying a pen most days. I knew it was a matter of time. I am not doing fountains yet because I pocket carry. What brands should I look towards for smooth writing devices with a reasonable price tag on them? I have a pen made by a local guy but the cartridge isn't smooth. I might try and upgrade it. I like the hand turned wood body of it though.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quoted
    993 Post(s)
    I've been writing with a Pilot Hi-Techpiont V7 grip. Love how it writes. Only complaint is as a lefty if I write on cheap paper the ink doesn't get absorbed by the paper and I smudge the hell outta it.

https://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Grip-Bl...hpoint+v7+grip

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    136 Post(s)
    I'm low rent. Pilot G-2 for the last 5 or so years.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    I'm low rent. Pilot G-2 for the last 5 or so years.
    Samesies for 10 years ever since my office started stocking them. Blue ink only. Click pens 4-lyfe. Also, those retractable sharpies are the bees knees.

Mechanical pencil is Staedtler 925. My go to lead thickness is .3mm because I hate myself enough to endure breaking lead constantly but I like those thin lines for tiny writing. That being said I have them in .5 and .7 too. Writing with the .7mm makes me feel invincible.