Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SuitSupply Outlet is open

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Can someone explain the point of a linen/silk overcoat? They have some that look gorgeous but the concept seems totally unnecessary.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Officer Rex Bishop View Post
    Can someone explain the point of a linen/silk overcoat? They have some that look gorgeous but the concept seems totally unnecessary.
    I could see it for downtown la where it's not really cold but there is enough shade and wind tunnels created by the tall buildings to need a little something. It's how we get away with leather jackets in our climate.

The only other option I could justify is when there is just a bit of weather between my office and getting into the car.

I would only attempt it in a darker shade that hid the wrinkles better.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Officer Rex Bishop View Post
    I thought the exact same thing! I was specifically looking for a new overcoat on the outlet but only Linen in my size..... When would I ever wear that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So I've had the coat for a few days now, and it's actually pretty great. It's definitely a tweener, good for Temps between 35-55, which is a fairly common temperature range where I'm from.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    179 Post(s)
    The one suit and one jacket I was interested are still available. Making this hard on me, SuitSupply...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    Couple of factors:

- Outlet offerings were disappointing this year
    - No shopping in 2018 has its own thread
    - Probably some level of wardrobe saturation, for people who have participated in the past couple outlets and filled their wardrobe, there's just less stuff they need
    - Spier & Mackay (as a direct competitor) rising in popularity this past year. I've seen a lot of offerings from them that check all the boxes in terms of what people want, and the sale prices are really attractive

I haven't been on Dappered long compared to quite a few people, but it seems like most brands just go through cycles in terms of buzz and popularity.
    Good points all around. I expect Summer 2018 outlet will have much better offerings. My purchases have shipped from Europe, but they should be here soon.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)
    I used a VPN to peek at the Canadian offerings, and, at least in my sizes, there’s a much better selection.
    Donít call what your wearing an outfit. Donít ever say your car is broke.
    Donít sing with a fake British accent. Donít act like your familyís a joke.
    --Jason Isbell

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    That's really interesting to hear. I'm in Canada and was psyched to see that they opened it up to us this year, but I was a little worried to be reading this thread over the last week or so. I wondered if they opened it to us simply because the selection wasn't good this time around and they weren't getting the same pick-up they're used to with the U.S. market.

On a similar note, anyone have any experience with the Hartford fit of their suits? Specifically in comparison to the Napoli or Havana fits? The size guides say the Hartford is cut slimmer, so I'm wondering about sizing up. I'm usually a 42S in the Napoli. But it also has a completely unpadded shoulder, so it seems like it should have a bit of extra room in the shoulder. Then I compared the size charts and there's actually 1.7 inches less room in the shoulder even when you go up a size to a 44S. If you compare 42S to 42S there's 2.1 inches less room than the Napoli. So colour me confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.