Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SuitSupply Outlet is open

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hackattaq View Post
    Anyone have experience with Suitsupply shoes? I generally wear an AE 9.5D.
    I've gotten a pair of derbys from them and they fit true size...or at least the same size as my Allen Edmonds.

I have 5 pairs of AE's and they flex and feel more comfortable than my SS shoes.

J

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quoted
    345 Post(s)
    I order some swim trunks yesterday and arrived today. Too small...

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doomx View Post
    I order some swim trunks yesterday and arrived today. Too small...
    What size?
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quoted
    345 Post(s)
    "large"

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    278 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jj970 View Post
    I've gotten a pair of derbys from them and they fit true size...or at least the same size as my Allen Edmonds.

I have 5 pairs of AE's and they flex and feel more comfortable than my SS shoes.

J
    I agree. I find Suitsupply shoes uncomfortable, especially if you're used to AE. I bought two pairs at the outlet several years ago. They're true to size, but I don't think they're well made and I never wear them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Not a great selection compared to past offerings. Might close early. Compared to a year ago, they opened slightly earlier and I was caught off guard. However, not before I was able to obtain an off-white single button peak lapel tuxedo with self trousers (the very last of any size) and a pair of black Jort high boots that I had actually bought before but returned having a feeling they would not be popular sellers. I know the calf is a little wide but I hope to have the boots altered.

I had really wanted the shawl lapel cream jacket on that came out fall season but was globally sold out when I decided I wanted to purchase it. It seems I was better off now. The money saved will go into new black tie accessories. The items have shipped and I will update when received. Here's to another successful outlet!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Bought that blue Bleecker coat on whim because that price was too nice to pass up.
    I wear a 36 suit jacket size from SS (38R other places), the sales report told me to size up one or two sizes for the coat, and the site recommended a 40. I took a chance on a 38 because I didn't want to swim in it. It works, but a 40 might have been the better choice. Do with this what you will.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Just got off the phone with SuitSupply, I was told they will NOT be updating the stock on the outlet. However in my experience, it does not hurt to check the site.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)
    This might be the smallest thread and discussion on a suit supply outlet that I can remember in recent memory. Interesting. I wonder if this is a new trend of seeing a smaller outlet. I hope not. Maybe it's people not being as enamored to roll the dice on questionable items? I know, I've only used the outlet on styles/fits I've tried on in the store to minimize my risk.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    345 Post(s)
    Couple of factors:

- Outlet offerings were disappointing this year
    - No shopping in 2018 has its own thread
    - Probably some level of wardrobe saturation, for people who have participated in the past couple outlets and filled their wardrobe, there's just less stuff they need
    - Spier & Mackay (as a direct competitor) rising in popularity this past year. I've seen a lot of offerings from them that check all the boxes in terms of what people want, and the sale prices are really attractive

I haven't been on Dappered long compared to quite a few people, but it seems like most brands just go through cycles in terms of buzz and popularity.