Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Year Of No Shopping

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Avoiding the the Suitsupply outlet is a lot easier than avoiding the ads for the Gustin chromexcel jackets in my Facebook newsfeed. :-|
    Good Lord, I love that #8 one. I have to stop looking at it, or I will justify the price.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1466 Post(s)
    I'm in. I had several large purchases last year and figure it is time to give the credit card a chance to cool off. One of my New Years resolutions for 2018 is no major purchases. So no new AEs. No suits. etc. Anything that wears out and needs replacing is in. But aside from that, nahdah.

What's really going to test my resolve is holding off on purchasing a new watch. I keep being tempted to pick up an IWC but so far I've resisted the urge. As 2018 progresses, I'll see how I manage to hold up.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    I'm in. I had several large purchases last year and figure it is time to give the credit card a chance to cool off. One of my New Years resolutions for 2018 is no major purchases. So no new AEs. No suits. etc. Anything that wears out and needs replacing is in. But aside from that, nahdah.

What's really going to test my resolve is holding off on purchasing a new watch. I keep being tempted to pick up an IWC but so far I've resisted the urge. As 2018 progresses, I'll see how I manage to hold up.
    Cool... I'm also holding off on a watch and a suit....

Day 8 is good!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    452 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by napaxton View Post
    Good Lord, I love that #8 one. I have to stop looking at it, or I will justify the price.
    Thankfully (?), Gustin jackets never seem to fit me, so Iíll probably avoid buying this. I donít want $650 of store credit with Gustin.

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2083 Post(s)
    I caved pretty spectacularly today. Stocked up on some silk pocket squares from the Mr. Porter sale and a dress shirt refresh from Spier & MacKay (since I've realized I always reach for the same two solid blue twill dress shirts when I'm suiting up in the morning).

Hopping back on the wagon now....
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    133 Post(s)
    Still holding. Although I did have a brief moment of weakness yesterday upon seeing that SALE banner in the Mr. Porter app. Had to shut that down quick.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1122 Post(s)
    I bought some stuff for my snakes...again. and some little stuff for my jeep...again. But no clothes/shoes/watches still.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1466 Post(s)
    So yeah. Todays indication of a flash seconds sale at AE might just cause me to break my resolve...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    497 Post(s)
    Bought a t shirt and hat of a gym where mr. Olympia trains when vacationing in Colorado. Iíve avoided traditional work/dappered wear so far despite a suit supply outlet lol

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    So yeah. Todays indication of a flash seconds sale at AE might just cause me to break my resolve...
    Haha, before I knew it I had a pair of Dark Chili MacNeils on the way. First time trying 2nds, although I've heard mostly good things.

Granted, I wasn't really trying to do the no shopping thing this year.