Thread: Alden Indy boot question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Alden Indy boot question

Got my pair yesterday. I went a half size down from my usual length. Same width. This is whats normally done with these right? However i spoke to someone who says they fit true to size but to go down in width instead of length. Mine seem to fit ok just the heel is a bit roomy. Has anyone tried going down the usual half size only to find they really should have stayed TTS and just went down in width ?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Nope. I just went down a half size and that made them pretty much fit like a glove. Though I will admit I do need to wear them with boot or crew socks. Outside that they fit perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    I wear 10.5 or even 11 in most shoes and went down to 10 in my Indys. Great fit. Possibly could have even gone down another 1/2 size. They are work boots, so a bit of room for thicker socks is useful...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by motosacto View Post
    I wear 10.5 or even 11 in most shoes and went down to 10 in my Indys. Great fit. Possibly could have even gone down another 1/2 size. They are work boots, so a bit of room for thicker socks is useful...
    Were yours a bit snug at first? My left one fits fine but my right foot is a bit snug in the instep. Foots a bit sore there after a few hours of wear

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsy View Post
    Were yours a bit snug at first? My left one fits fine but my right foot is a bit snug in the instep. Foots a bit sore there after a few hours of wear
    Mine are Alden-for-J.Crew 405's, which are made from Horween Chromexcel leather. They stretched a fair bit when they broke in. Hope this helps...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)
    When I bought my Alden 403s, I stuck with my normal size (13D) and just wear them with Darn Tough boot socks. I might have been able to go down a half size and maintained the width as often recommended, but the boot fits well with the correct arch length.

I think an important question to ask is how do they fit your feet?

-Vic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    When I bought my Alden 403s, I stuck with my normal size (13D) and just wear them with Darn Tough boot socks. I might have been able to go down a half size and maintained the width as often recommended, but the boot fits well with the correct arch length.

I think an important question to ask is how do they fit your feet?

-Vic
    I feel like they fit fine. Right one is a tad snug on my instep but my right foot has a noticeable higher instep than my left. Ball of foot appears to be on the widest part of the boot. Hope these are right for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Unfortunately i dont think these are gonna work for me. Ive worn twice and leather has already somewhat stretched to where the v gap is almost completely shut in thr upper half of the boot and theres just too much space in the heel and sides of the boot i can tell the leather is going to do some weird creasing if i continue to wear them. May try an insole and see but really think i need the C width. These may go up for sale here soon