Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dress Pants for Winter

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    My office is business casual and I live in Minnesota, so it gets cold. I used to wear wool pants and those did a pretty decent job, but I've switched over to medium weight chinos and they seem to block the cold a little better. Plus they are easier to dress down on the weekends. But I drive so I'm not outside too much. I keep a winter coat, hat, and mittens in the car just in case.

If I were to commute I'd do a 3/4 length wool jacket, warm hat, scarf, and lined leather gloves.

I do keep a thick zip-up sweater jacket in the office when the temp drops. Every guy has either a zip-up or vest and the ladies actually keep blankets or shawls at their desks when its cold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My Husband wear Edwards Straight fit men’s classic dress pant pure Polyester.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Yeah I just wear Uniqlo Heat Tech under mine for cold days. They come in regular and extra warm I believe. The extra warm is almost too warm once your indoors.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Dude, throw those long johns out. Anything with cotton will hold moisture, and make you feel colder. Want 100% wool (merino best) or polyester (can start to smell). Check out LLbean/Cabelas/REI - their websites usually have different weights and styles. Also pick up some merino socks - even thin ones will help.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Wearing my flannel-lined Lands End Knockabout chinos today. I can relate to not being able to keep warm! I also bought some 5-pocket moleskin pants from Lands End. They're only casual Friday appropriate because they're cut like jeans, but from what I've heard about the windblocking properties, I'm hoping these to be my new dog walking pants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Zara 100%