Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's talk about gloves...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by motosacto View Post
    Nordstrom Rack breaks out cashmere lined leather dress gloves every fall for around $40. I have a pair (dark brown, almost black) and like them...
    I've been wearing cashmere lined leather gloves for years as my "dressier gloves" (if such a thing can exist), and they've been fantastic. Honestly, I always just get the cheapest ones I can find. I think one or two pairs might have even come from TJ Maxx. They've all lasted me many years. They're not the warmest gloves available, but they keep the cold at bay, and you're probably not wearing them to go skiing or dig through snow and ice anyway.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quoted
    291 Post(s)

Let's talk about gloves...

Currently I switch between 2 pairs of gloves I own depending on the outfit/weather. I have a black pair that are very similar to these ones which are very warm and have held up well in the 2 years I have owned them. I also picked up a pair of MTM brown calfskin gloves from Chester Jefferies last year that are lined in cashmere, they are definitely the "dressiest" pair I own. I love the hell out of the Chester Jefferies and wear them the majority of the time.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Happy to be of service fair citizen. Bale for sure, curse Ben for what he did to my mantle

FWIW buying gloves a smidge tight is ok as they should stretch a little. I think that helps to keep the look clean and not too bulky. Probably easier to handle keys and the like too. I need to get a pair in brown for when the navy doesn't work with the rest of my outfit, probably just some Isotoners or whatever's on the rack at Macy's or Nordstroms. As awesome as they are I don't have a use/justification for https://us.skoaktiebolaget.com/colle...tnut-carpincho from Skoak (yet...)
    If you're gonna go for a $300+ glove I'd go all out and get unlined peccary (instead of carpincho). It's not gonna be super warm or anything, but to me unlined peccary is the ultimate dress glove.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    If you're gonna go for a $300+ glove I'd go all out and get unlined peccary (instead of carpincho). It's not gonna be super warm or anything, but to me unlined peccary is the ultimate dress glove.
    I like the pattern of the carpincho, but I agree peccary is luxuriously soft and supple.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    I'd go with the cashmere lined Italian leather dress glove from Leatherglovesonline. I've got a pair and regret nothing.