Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Just getting into mens fashion....trying to find my "style". I'm wasting money. Help

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    There are nine pages of replies, so I apologize if someone has already suggested this. Do you use Instagram? I have found a ton of inspiration there. Besides some of the well-dressed gents, I also recommend finding brands you like and following their posts. Drake's, for example had beautiful stuff. Many of their posts are generated from their look books, etc. You don't have to copy exact looks, but it is good for inspiration. You see a look that you want to use as inspiration, you can save the post in a Collection for later reference. I do it all the time. If you buy versatile pieces you should be able to mix and match to create the looks you want.

PS: I am also 40, and find the Dappered threads to be a great source of information and opinions.

Good luck!
    “He was a bold man that first ate an oyster.”
    ― Jonathan Swift

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Quoted
    864 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    Typically people don't button the bottom vest button, but regardless you put together a nice looking outfit.
    Yeah, I'm in the no-button camp. But it is interesting how well or not well this sartorial trait is known. When I wore my three-piece suit I left the bottom button of the vest undone. The wife's first comment on seeing me was "the bottom button of your vest is undone". A quick chat with her about King Edward and we're all good.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    The fit pic you posted looks super. The color combos are terrific. All that is a combo I'd love to wear. Good job there man. Vest button isn't a big deal. It is true that it's usually left unbuttoned.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk