Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beckett Simonon thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark4 View Post
    I think they make nice shoes, that's the general consensus. I've never ordered from them because they're one of those Gustin-like prefund brands. My feet are finicky and returns can be a pain with that model of operations - I don't want to wait a month or more to get the item in the first place, and then if it doesn't fit right and they don't have the size I need already in stock I wait at least another month for the right size to arrive when I return the first pair. They do have some nice looking kicks though.
    It's more like 3-4 months wait with them. You do need to be patient unfortunately. I can say they fit true to size, at least for me.

Note when ordering, everything on their site is always offered at around 20% off at some point during the campaign. Sometimes more. Sometimes, if you order a pair, you'll get an email a week later offering 30%+ off if you want to add a second pair from that campaign.

I don't think their shoes are as nice as AE... But they are full grain, Blake stitched shoes made with good QC for the price of glued together corrected grain garbage.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quoted
    416 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    Some brown derbies today. Plus some lols for me not noticing that the pair of socks I selected today was not matched...

[IMGhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171205/83905c16c9dfb6ab59010f705ac34f19.jpg[/IMG]
    I think I have those exact same derbies.

Regarding sizing - In my experience you need to order .5 size larger if you have a high instep or arch otherwise they are tight across the vamp.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    It's more like 3-4 months wait with them. You do need to be patient unfortunately. I can say they fit true to size, at least for me.

Note when ordering, everything on their site is always offered at around 20% off at some point during the campaign. Sometimes more. Sometimes, if you order a pair, you'll get an email a week later offering 30%+ off if you want to add a second pair from that campaign.

I don't think their shoes are as nice as AE... But they are full grain, Blake stitched shoes made with good QC for the price of glued together corrected grain garbage.
    Like I said they make really nice shoes but that wait...yikes. How does Jack Erwin compare price and quality wise? They're considered a decent option for those wanting a decent shoe at a less than AE price. I think those are direct to consumer online only but they warehouse so the wait is only a few days and that makes exchanges a lot more convenient.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark4 View Post
    Like I said they make really nice shoes but that wait...yikes. How does Jack Erwin compare price and quality wise? They're considered a decent option for those wanting a decent shoe at a less than AE price. I think those are direct to consumer online only but they warehouse so the wait is only a few days and that makes exchanges a lot more convenient.
    I tried a pair of Jack Erwin - it was painfully tight across my instep, which I have never experienced in a shoe before. It was so bad, it seemed like the pair I tried was designed for someone with a foot shaped like a board. I returned it.

Therefore, I can't really speak to them. The pair I tried looked nice, just did not work for my feet at all.

There's always the option of waiting for AE shoe bank sales. There's currently one going on, I believe.