Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Me Decide On A New Bambino!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    It might be worth giving the white dial V2 a second look if you like the Roman numerals. It doesn't show at all in photographs, but the dial is more of an eggshell, you can see the contrast between the stark white of the date wheel in person, and it has a very subtle iridescent, or perhaps pearlescent finish. I'll include a link to the only picture I could find that shows the effect at all, ignore the god awful bracelet that it's on. Not my watch. Just my $0.02, I've gotten tons of compliments on mine, particularly when folks took a closer look.

https://i.imgur.com/5LB2Wue.jpg
    Last edited by JaimeGarcia; November 16th, 2017 at 07:29 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    I like the newest v4 in blue dial.

https://www.longislandwatch.com/Orie...p/ac08004d.htm

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I prefer 2&3 personally. I've never cared for the blue hands on cream, although a lot of folks like it.

I have this one, which I don't like quite as much as 2 or 3, BUT I also got if for like 120 bucks and I like it well enough
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)
    Option 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaimeGarcia View Post
    It might be worth giving the white dial V2 a second look if you like the Roman numerals. It doesn't show at all in photographs, but the dial is more of an eggshell, you can see the contrast between the stark white of the date wheel in person, and it has a very subtle iridescent, or perhaps pearlescent finish. I'll include a link to the only picture I could find that shows the effect at all, ignore the god awful bracelet that it's on. Not my watch. Just my $0.02, I've gotten tons of compliments on mine, particularly when folks took a closer look.

https://i.imgur.com/5LB2Wue.jpg
    That is probably the best image of the white dial/blue hands style I have seen. Looks much more appealing than most of the online images I have seen of the white dial. But there is just something about that antique-y look of the cream dial that I really enjoy.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)
    Pictures don't do the cream dial justice. The only decent photo I've seen of it is one Joe took a while back. This video gives a better idea of what it's like in person: https://youtu.be/5Oycjy_Uza0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Update: Today I purchased the cream dial/ blue hands Bambino today from the Orient USA website. $150 shipped with the 50% off code BF2017 that was posted on the main site.

Thanks all for your thoughts. I will post a few pictures once I get my hands on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    352 Post(s)
    Good choice and good luck with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Well... After delivery made by the Pony Express (aka the longest UPS ground shipment I've ever experienced, with 3 separate "delivery delayed" notifications), my Bambino arrived on Tuesday.

I really like this thing. The bid domed crystal is great. Blue hands can either look subdued or totally stand out depending on how the light reflects off of them. Wears great on my wrist.

The strap is as advertised - that is, not great. Very dark brown patent leather. It seemed as stiff as a board coming out of the box haha. However, it does seem like it will wear in comfortably with time (if I choose to keep it). We all know Orient cut corners on the strap in order to add more value to the watch head itself, but I think a taper to the band would make a lot of sense here. Even though the watch is 40mm+, a 21mm strap all the way around my wrist seems odd for a dress watch. If the band tapered down to 19 or even 18mm, I think that would be great.

I planned on this being a brief post, but now I'm rambling! Will try to post a pic or two tonight or tomorrow. Thanks all for your thoughts the other week. I'm excited to wear this watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MDLamp; December 7th, 2017 at 03:32 PM.